·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Document and a higher res Picture are attached
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
STREET CONCEPTS TO DEVELOP CUSTOMIZED
HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE for SEMA SHOW

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Sept. 24, 2008 – Hyundai Motor America announced that it is partnering with Street Concepts,
one of the leading developers of auto show vehicles, to create a modified Genesis Coupe for the 2008 Specialty Equipment
Market Association (SEMA) Show.
The all-new, rear-wheel drive Street Concepts Genesis Coupe will make its SEMA Show
debut at the Las Vegas Convention Center on November 4, 2008. The Street Concepts Genesis Coupe will join vehicles
designed by Rhys Millen and HKS as the third Genesis Coupe scheduled to appear at SEMA.

"Its aggressive, powerful design and high performance attributes make the Genesis Coupe a perfect vehicle
for SEMA,”
said Shawn Williams, owner, Street Concepts. “We plan to maximize the driving capabilities of
the Genesis Coupe while striving for a level
of practicality so that average consumers can take ideas from our
vehicle and adapt it to their own.”

The Street Concepts Genesis Coupe will be outfitted with a black camouflage, stealth fighterinspired paint design that compliments
its sports’ styling. The exterior will also feature a custom grille design, tinted taillights and an APR rear wing.
“From its inception, Genesis Coupe was developed with the tuner buyer in mind. The Street Concepts vehicle
accentuates the
core DNA of the product, born from enthusiast driver demands,” said Derek Joyce,
Genesis Coupe product manager, Hyundai Motor
America. “The three Genesis Coupes scheduled to be
displayed at the SEMA Show exemplify the tuner-based performance potential
of the vehicle.”
The Street Concepts Genesis Coupe will showcase:

• Volk 19-inch racing wheels and performance tires
  • Modified suspension and Brembo brakes.
  • Magnaflow cat-back exhaust and cold air intake system will enhance the performance of the 3.8-liter V6 engine.

Interior modifications include:

• Carbon fiber dashboard accents,
  • Custom Infinity audio system
  • Cobra seats and black suede accents designed to fit the stealth jet fighter theme.

HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE HIGHLIGHTS
• Hyundai’s first rear-wheel drive sports car
• 306-horsepower (est.) from enhanced 3.8-liter V6 from Genesis sedan
• Standard 210-horsepower intercooled, turbocharged, in-line 4-cylinder
• Genesis Coupe production model arrives in spring of 2009

STREET CONCEPTS
Street Concepts was formed in June 1998 to build award-winning show vehicles for the
corporate world. Street Concepts has built numerous top quality show vehicles for an array of
manufacturers including Kenwood USA, Oakley, Toyo Tires, MHT Wheels, Mazda Design and
several local radio stations. Street Concepts vehicles have graced the pages of magazines such as
Truckin’, Street Trucks, Today’s SUV, Lowrider, Lowrider Euro, Import Tuner, Car Audio, Hot
Rod, and Motor Trend.

HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai
Motor Co. of South Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by

Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through 800 dealerships nationwide.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Without the red lights and camouflage it would look like a decent car. I think you're right about ricers wanting to have this car. But I think there is interest from quite a few people that aren't into ricing out cars either. Have you seen the slideshow compilation video that sabbasaun made? That shows some real riced out stuff. LOL. :jester:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Without the red lights and camouflage it would look like a decent car. I think you're right about ricers wanting to have this car. But I think there is interest from quite a few people that aren't into ricing out cars either. Have you seen the slideshow compilation video that sabbasaun made? That shows some real riced out stuff. LOL. :jester:
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, as long as we car enthusiasts set a good example and tactfully try to keep fellow Gen owners away from the altezza lights, Razzi kits, and huge wings. We may be able to minimize the bad modding decisions some people like to make.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, as long as we car enthusiasts set a good example and tactfully try to keep fellow Gen owners away from the altezza lights, Razzi kits, and huge wings. We may be able to minimize the bad modding decisions some people like to make.
Talking about bad modding decisions:

We need to advise people not to make their own PVC custom intercoolers too. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's all good

Well the thing is everyone has their own opinion on what is "cool" or "sweeeeet!". Some of that is dictated by what people can afford and some people just have, well, they have really bad taste. Who knows why someone thinks it is "Awesome!" to have a 3 foot high spoiler on the deck lid of a Honda Civic. Why does anyone think that unpainted body kits makes any car look "good"? That can only be answered by the poor souls who do these types of things to their car. I'm hoping no one will do that to these cars, but I'm sure someday, somewhere down the road, I will pull up to a Genesis Sedan with chrome spinners, underbody neon lights, aluminum racing spoiler with fake BMW badges. :confused:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Lord Calvert put Hyundai badges on his Beemer. ;)
As you all know, I work for a Hyundai service dept & am proud of my customer service, but my customers do knock me for driving a bimmer. Although I keep reinforcing the only reason I don't own a Hyundai is because I'm true enthusiast who will give up ride & comfort for perfomance. Hyundai has not offered a vehicle until now that I would be happy driving, but I did consider sticking Hyundai badges on my 540i for a short time as a joke. But if I'm paying premium price for a car, I'm leaving the most expensive part of it on there, yep the badges.
I've seen all makes & models of cars with tasteless mods that I'm sure the owner thought were cool, usually younger drivers who are still learning what is tasteful. I hope this doesn't happen with the GenCoupe, but with its low price point & tunability there will eventually be some drag queen looking Coupes out there. Maybe when they see mine completed they will think twice & make adjustments knowing what the cars true potential is.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah the other thing to worry about is a bunch of young kids who don't know how to drive all the sudden with a relatively inexpensive RWD powerful car. I can just see a lot of accidents happening if the demographic for this car is the younger crowd. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I saw it happen with the SRT-4, lots of kids were wrecking their cars (sometimes dieing in the process) because they would drive too fast on the streets. Keep it on the tracks folks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.