Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
See our press release for information on the official word on the difference between the KDM and US spec 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. :read:

This is awesome news. It sounds as if Hyundai USA is really listening to what the buyers/tuners are wanting. They definitely took the right steps by allowing the tuners to get ahold of the cars and provide feedback. It is making me want this car even more!!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I don't know that anything in that 'Press Release' was really 'new'. In fact, most of the images can be seen here, from Hyundai's Australia website.

As well, is the suspension 'completely unique' if the engineers have just spec'd different springs/shocks/roll bars? Just about every manufacturer does this to some extent for cars that see various global markets.
As Gollum has mentioned, there have been lots of rumors and speculation that the car would be different. However, it was finally only officially told to us directly from Hyundai a few days ago. That's what makes it new. If you can find other sources that also officalially proves or disproves our Announcment then please show us. We reused some images when we referenced the suspension pieces. We haven't claimed those to be original and the images have been used in numerous announcments and press releases. This is nothing new.

Hope that clears up some misunderstandings. We will be posting more information on the suspension and drivetrain in the future.

Thanks for browsing!
ss

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Yes, i am pretty sure this is accurate information. Why I think this is, that you have to be competitive nowadays. Hyundai is basically dominate in their own country(Korea).Not a lot of other car manufactures are over their. They want to build a more reputable brand here in the United States. Especially in the sport coupe segment(rwd). And also to point out, their first sport coupe(rwd), I think they don't want to let their current or new customers down.... :)

Exactly what I have heard from Hyundai personal. Hyundai really seems to have done their homework with the Genesis Coupe. I can't wait to get my hands on one and take it to the autocross.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Hyundai pretty much hit the nail on the head regarding the sedan & their goals. They spent a lot of time & money on research for these cars & know that us Americans will be putting this car under heavy scrutiny. They benchmarked the M3 & G37, as long as that wasn't just hype, I think were going to be OK. I know I've said me my brother & I are each getting a different engine size, but he needs a car now & can't afford the 6cyl track, so is getting the turbo4 track pkg. I have never owned a turbo & keep dreaming of the R-spec version, so we both might end up with turbo4s.
Yeah I want this car but I want to stay within a budget as well so 4cyl for me. I think it will handle and perform adequetely compared to the v6 and it will be easier to give it as much or more WHP than the V6. I'm think'n all that is need to get an easy 25-35 HP is a CAI and exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
When I was talking to one of the engineers at the Genesis training we had out here on the east coast, he was mentioning that the turbo on the four was running at between 6-9 psi stock and that the engine had the durability to handle 16-18 psi without the need for internal modifications. So its sounds to me with the addition of an intercooler and raising the boost it may get you close to the 300hp mark. As I'm sure most of you have seen the korean website for the coupe, GENESIS Coupe , they have pictures of the interior. My question is has anyone heard if the US version will come with not just the red/black seats, but red/black dash, pillars, door moldings? I've asked all my higher ups and have not received a definite answer yet.
That's interesting on the boost. When talking to Derek Joyce, Genesis Coupe Product Manager for Hyundai he said the Coupe was already running at 15psi. So my in my illogical mind that means it can handle 20-25 with no mods!! Yeah That would be nice! lol Just kidding of course. As far as the interior the last I heard was that the Coupe would not even come with the red interior at all. Which sucks because I think a lot of people like it!

Also welcome to the forums! We have a few other Hyundai personal here so you are in good company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.