Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I was talking to one of the engineers at the Genesis training we had out here on the east coast, he was mentioning that the turbo on the four was running at between 6-9 psi stock and that the engine had the durability to handle 16-18 psi without the need for internal modifications. So its sounds to me with the addition of larger intercooler piping and raising the boost it may get you close to the 300hp mark. As I'm sure most of you have seen the korean website for the coupe, GENESIS Coupe , they have pictures of the interior. My question is has anyone heard if the US version will come with not just the red/black seats, but red/black dash, pillars, door moldings? I've asked all my higher ups and have not received a definite answer yet.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
When I was talking to one of the engineers at the Genesis training we had out here on the east coast, he was mentioning that the turbo on the four was running at between 6-9 psi stock and that the engine had the durability to handle 16-18 psi without the need for internal modifications. So its sounds to me with the addition of an intercooler and raising the boost it may get you close to the 300hp mark. As I'm sure most of you have seen the korean website for the coupe, GENESIS Coupe , they have pictures of the interior. My question is has anyone heard if the US version will come with not just the red/black seats, but red/black dash, pillars, door moldings? I've asked all my higher ups and have not received a definite answer yet.
That's interesting on the boost. When talking to Derek Joyce, Genesis Coupe Product Manager for Hyundai he said the Coupe was already running at 15psi. So my in my illogical mind that means it can handle 20-25 with no mods!! Yeah That would be nice! lol Just kidding of course. As far as the interior the last I heard was that the Coupe would not even come with the red interior at all. Which sucks because I think a lot of people like it!

Also welcome to the forums! We have a few other Hyundai personal here so you are in good company.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
That's interesting on the boost. When talking to Derek Joyce, Genesis Coupe Product Manager for Hyundai he said the Coupe was already running at 15psi. So my in my illogical mind that means it can handle 20-25 with no mods!! Yeah That would be nice! lol Just kidding of course. As far as the interior the last I heard was that the Coupe would not even come with the red interior at all. Which sucks because I think a lot of people like it!

Also welcome to the forums! We have a few other Hyundai personal here so you are in good company.
That's what I've heard too, Initially they were talking of low boost, but all the new info, from what seems to be reliable sources, indicate 15-17psi in stock trim, but capable of 25psi w/o changing the internals. Thus, 400whp should be no problem, but only time will tell.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like I'll be getting my Korean buddy to ship interior pieces to me from Korea. And this is what I heard from the owner here at my store. He says the Coupe will be coming with black or saddle (brown) leather and one of the trims (I'm thinking r-spec) will have the black and red seats. Looks like I'll be getting the gray!!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.