Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Opinions on new design ideas?

14K views 90 replies 31 participants last post by  freeblogclub 
#1 ·
See less See more
#38 ·
I am liking Makato's in post #27 as far as lettering and shadows, but for continuity here is my suggestion. Get rid of the concept car. Start with a regular track package car, then go with RHYS, then go with a stock sedan, then go with the DUB sedan.

I don't like the concept, blue, race, sedan, just does not make sense. OR better yet, just keep it simple and post one of each, no need for 4 cars, just cluttered IMO.

I still think the one we have is really good, but I do like the update look of #27 as I stated above. The current one has unique color and pattern, and appears balanced to the eye. The middle could use some clean up as that logo thing always looks like some southwestern indian symbol to me and I never really got it.

#42 ·
I'm personally fine with how it is at present maybe just get rid of the metallic background. I think the designs with the Hyundai Genesis font look to corporate and the one with the orange gradient looks way to bright to me. This just my opinion but when you line up a bunch of photos of the car in boxes it just looks like a bunch of other car forums I have seen. :dunno:

#40 ·
I liked makotosevens, but i thought id like to try it myself. I dont got his type of exprience so it may be rougher and looks a bit more simple.

Well i thought id try some and let more styles be mixed and looks so were not limited, not to say it makotosevens were bad.
I went with a black type of style and look since i learn towards that with a more mature look. im not sure what that means since a picture usually tells alot about something in this case the website. I kept a sedan and coupe to not limit it to one choice.

The only thing i must say about my own is i hate the text. i really would have liked to use the text for the genesis coupe like makotoseven's was. and finding a different sedan (stock and black with nice angle).
i did this in 30mins. with no sleep so sorry if they are bad. -

-side note i didnt put in premier hyunda genesis forums on 2nd beacuse. fitment issues and i dont like to say something is #1 or to boast. When i first saw the site that put me off with the orange. lol.

Attachments

#51 ·
Yeah, I'm tired of the industrial metal background too, but what too replace with :dunno: I don't care for a plain background though.
I would like to keep the orange with gray theme. It reminds me of the concept unveiling.

#52 ·
Choose your own adventure

Someone mentioned this earlier (i forget who sorry!) and it didn't hit me until tonight but we obviously all have different tastes and likes. It's what makes us human after all. Well after some consideration and after some discussion and instead of making you guys decide on a single layout, why not make multiple skins and themes and then (hold your breathe) let you the users choose which one you want to stick with? It's about choice right? So after the designs are finalized (big thanks to Mako and Lord C and everyone else who has been working on these and providing input), we will let you guys be able to choose your own design based on a set. Basically you choose a Style in your User Control Panel and every time you log in your layout will be what you choose. There will be a Default layout that will only be seen if you are not logged in but once logged in you can choose your own setup.

If it works like planned it should be pretty cool. :)

Stay tuned!

#59 ·
Someone mentioned this earlier (i forget who sorry!) and it didn't hit me until tonight but we obviously all have different tastes and likes. It's what makes us human after all. Well after some consideration and after some discussion and instead of making you guys decide on a single layout, why not make multiple skins and themes and then (hold your breathe) let you the users choose which one you want to stick with? It's about choice right? So after the designs are finalized (big thanks to Mako and Lord C and everyone else who has been working on these and providing input), we will let you guys be able to choose your own design based on a set. Basically you choose a Style in your User Control Panel and every time you log in your layout will be what you choose. There will be a Default layout that will only be seen if you are not logged in but once logged in you can choose your own setup.

If it works like planned it should be pretty cool. :)

Stay tuned!
Sounds awesome!

#58 · (Edited)
The Genesis sedan is a great car, but how many people on these boards actually own one or are interested in getting one? Personally, I think the sedan and coupe should have their own dedicated sites/sections. The coupe and sedan really have very little in common and target different drivers.

#60 ·
The Genesis sedan is a great car, but how many people on these boards actually own one or are interested in getting one?
There would probably be more if there were represented in the site header.

BTW they do have their own sections through the site. The fact you hadn't noticed tells just how bad the sedans are represented. There's no reason one site can't cater to both platforms. The more the merrier, especially since a lot of it cross-references.

After all the site IS called "GenesisForums.org", not "GenesisCoupeForums.org" ;)

#67 ·
i've just started playing with stuff right now. the current themes are by no means permanent, i am testing and will be implementing various things to get feedback from you guys.

the plan is basically this:

1. multiple themes to provide enough variety to suite all tastes.
2. get feedback from the community to refine these themes.

please post up criticism and suggestions.

Thanks

#68 · (Edited)
The widescreen bugs me I have a 28inch monitor and it feels like I have to turn my head left to right like a type writer to read longer posts. Plus it makes everything look pushed to the left with a mass amount of blank space all over the screen. I don't know what res or size monitor you guys are using but is kinda annoying with my setup.

Also if it is widescreen it would be nice to have the top graphics strech out acroos the whole size of the screen too not just a fixed size with the background showing to the right.

I don't think its worth seperating the whole sedan/coupe forum into seperate forums for the amount of interest the Sedan gets on here.

#71 ·
Keep in mind guys this will be a work in progress, you'll see stuff change as we implement them and as we get suggestions and critisim. Also Lord, you are probably the only one with a 28" monitor, many of the rest of us are on smaller resolutions and screens. I've got two 19" widescreens and they look pretty good except for the top banner needs to be stretched out (which we're gonna work on).

#72 ·
24" is actually becoming a fairly common size, i've got 2 on my desk...

Loving the new dynamic layout!!! I finally don't have metal background taking up 1/2 of my screen!

Thanks for the work you're putting in on the site.

#73 ·
24" is actually becoming a fairly common size, i've got 2 on my desk...

Loving the new dynamic layout!!! I finally don't have metal background taking up 1/2 of my screen!

Thanks for the work you're putting in on the site.
+1............no more metal backgound FTW :clap:

#75 · (Edited)
I like that it's now widecreen, but it doesn't look like the actual posts are stretching (just the layout)
there is still a word wrap on lines longer then about mid-way through the screen, so everything is very justified to the left. [edit] Looks like this is only the case on posts made pre-widescreen perhaps?? weird.. [/edit]

I might recommend making it a little less wide then this, because I agree with Lord C on having to turn my head left to right (and I only have a 22" monitor)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.