Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we ended up with only four cars out at Timmies. Where are you Ottawa and surrounding folks, anyways? I know you're out there, I see you on the road!

But, Spool2Go, Mister, myself, and BFHK and his lady showed up at Tim.

Hung out for a bit, compared cars (still love Mister's LimeRock. Said it before and I'll say it again: it's the only colour I'd seriously consider trading my Mirabeau Blue for), and then hit the road. The Parkway was closed for a race unfortunately, and we ended up on the highway just headed out to Scotiabank Place.

Where we met up with Gamz and his whole crew, who were running a Focus SVT, Subaru Legacy 2.5GT wagon, and of course, a Red 2.0T GT Genesis Coupe:

Gamz: next time, I'll get a good motion blur/panning shot of you doin' your thing. I didn't get the f/ stop and exposure right for it until after your last run, sorry man.

However, next time, I should be able to get some of these of the coupe:

There's more, and if you want, you can see the rest of 'em over my flickr site, Boozysmurf.

·
Registered
135 Posts
There's a certain irony to this. On the way to the office today, I stopped at this large Chinese grocery, Green Fresh, at the corner of Montreal Rd. and River Rd. As I park, I saw one driver doing the same in his Acqua Minerale Blue GC 2.0T. I ran in to the grocery, picked up a box lunch and as I returned to my car, I saw a Silverstone GC parked in front of the Beer Store.

That's the most GCs I've ever seen in one day. And three colours of GC unrepresented at today's cruise!...lol

Nice shots though Boozy! What do you use for a camera?

I might also recommend the Queen Elizabeth Driveway(http://maps.google.ca/maps?client=f...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA) for future cruises.

It runs non-stop(no traffic lights) from Laurier Ave.(Confederation Park/Ottawa University) along the Rideau Canal all the way to Dow's Lake where a traffic circle can take you south, connecting with Prince of Wales, or north heading towards Island Park.

Following south would be an almost non-stop drive from downtown up to the Tim Horton's you guys started from today.

Following west/northwest would take you through the Experimental Farms, past several beautiful homes including a few foreign consulates and onwards to the Ottawa River and the Parkway which was closed when you guys got there. If you stayed on Island Park right through until Alymer, it's only five more minutes to the Gatineau Park road and the hill climb to the Champlain Lookout(takes about 15 to 20 minutes from base to lookout point, road surface is in great condition and definitely worth wasting some hydrocarbons over). Champlain Lookout is a prime destination for cruising and photo-opportunities(http://www.gobiking.ca/champlain/index.html and http://www.themcdonalds.net/~themcdo/richard/index.php?title=Motorcycle_Route:_Gatineau_Parkway).

Just something to consider for next time.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@crookedH: thanks man, as always. I gotta borrow a longer zoom for the next one, though. The 18-70 just wasn't cutting it, most of the shots are HEAVILY cropped.

@choccy: yeah, we actually found traffic on Island Park was ridiculous because.... Ottawa Parkway was closed for a bike race. Just opened up at 1pm.

I'm shooting with my trusty, old (I bought it new when they were still on the market) Nikon D70s, and used my 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6 with either a circular polarizer, or a graduated ND filter. Waaaay too bright though, the contrasts between light and dark were playing hell with me: over or under exposed, and nothing in between.

I'll make sure you get proper notice next time, sorry man!

·
Registered
5 Posts
next time i will try to come,im from quebec but i will try to have a day off to this next genmeet.sorry for my english,im not very good!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Genesis Rage: More the merrier! I'm trying to make it up to Montreal for one of the meets this summer, and while your English might not be good, my French simply doesn't exist. :) So, you're better than me!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, should be noted, GAMZ ran a best time of 66.72 (I believe). The best time of the day was an old F1200 chassis set up solely for autocross at 57.9x, and seriously set-up Miata's and S2000's were running in the 60 and 61 second mark. Considering GAMZ has zero serious mods (BOV and intake only), and is running on the stock tires, That 66 sec run is super competitive. Corvette's were doing 67's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.