Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the yearly events in Ottawa is Italian Week: Little Italy (such as it is here, with a franchise Irish bar in the middle of the main strip) is closed to traffic, lots of bars and restaurants spill their patios into the road, there's music and, on the Friday night and Saturday noon... Ferrari's.

Last year was spectacular. About 90 cars. This year, I guess the threatened weather wasn't so hot, and a lot of people stayed away (well, kept their cars away) because there were only about two-dozen. SO, I took the opportunity to shoot "arty" rather than archive.

Still not certain about the results, but I did get what I was trying to shoot, so I can't complain a lot. The crowds were big enough that I knew from the start I'd have to do a lot of "selective colour" or the cars were going to get lost in the crowds. That was the intention of my shot from the get-go, not something I did after the fact to cover a bad shot. Each shot was planned ahead. Amazingly enough for me. :D

I think this one's my favorite. I shot three or four, which are available if you wanna look over on my set from the night, on Flickr. I've left it large though, because I think it needs to be seen that way. If it's too big for people, let me know, I'll edit and use the 500x333 link, instead of this one.

There was also a Lancia Fulvia Rally car sitting in a back lot, so I 'snuck' over to take a look at that. Shot a few, but I like my '70's style, polaroid' shot the best, I think. I tried to tweak my photoshop settings to bring out the green in the background, like the old 70's prints:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice shots Boozy! I was at the Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival then made my way to Chinatown(Somerset) for dinner. There was a gaggle of Alfa Romeo's parading north down Preston when I arrived. Some of them were incredibly small, and obviously light as a feather. Beautiful cars from an age when car design wasn't constrained by bean-counters and safety protocols.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@choccy yeah, I'd hoped to see more Alfa's and FIAT's. I should have headed back on Saturday, but I didn't have the time.

@dic51 Thank ya! THat is also my favorite, and I worked my ass off to get the shot I wanted. People thought I was completely retarded just taking a pic of the paint, where you couldn't really even identify the car. They just don't have my VISION, man!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@dic51: been there, man, been there! what do you think too so long with the angle? gotta keep my fat a$$ out of the shot. ;)
@tufast: Thanks man, greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.