Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The airbag doesn't deploy from the A pillar...that is just where the SRS badge is located for easy viewing.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Actually yes, they partially do... the front end of the curtain air bag goes about halfway down the A-pillar.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The airbag doesn't deploy from the A pillar...that is just where the SRS badge is located for easy viewing.
My bad if they don't. Because, I just assumed that they would deploy from that vacinity. In the past Hyundai has put the badges in the vacinity that the airbags deploy from. For example, the cars w/SRS on the sides of the seat backs will deploy from there, the seat back side bolster area. There are other Hyundais that were designed w/side airbags deploying from the door panels in the past & these were labeled SRS on the door panels. Either way, I'll look into it to confirm where these airbags will deploy on this particular model. Thanks.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
555 Posts
Actually yes, they partially do... the front end of the curtain air bag goes about halfway down the A-pillar.
Should I type it in caps??? LOL...

The curtain airbags DO come out of the A-pillar. They are mounted from the A-pillar to the back point of the rear quarter window. The side air bag deploys from about midway down the A-pillar to the rear of the door window. Side air bag coverage does not include the rear quarter window on the Genesis Coupe. I thought that was strange for it to only cover the front seat passengers, but that's all it covers, not the rear seat passengers.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Should I type it in caps??? LOL...

The curtain airbags DO come out of the A-pillar. They are mounted from the A-pillar to the back point of the rear quarter window. The side air bag deploys from about midway down the A-pillar to the rear of the door window. Side air bag coverage does not include the rear quarter window on the Genesis Coupe. I thought that was strange for it to only cover the front seat passengers, but that's all it covers, not the rear seat passengers.
+1.....
Asked my platinum certified shop forman, who has been working on Hyundais longer than I've been writing them up LoL. He has attended classed on this vehicle & has the books on it. He said the curtain airbags on this vehicle in U.S. specs deploy near the bottom of the front A-pillar on the drivers side & go all the way back to the 1/4 glass.

And, no caps are not necessary in a discussion, since that is the equivalent of yelling & would do nothing but maybe start an argument. Save the caps for when they are really necessary.

What concerns me about these pictures is they screw in individual pillar gauges and if the air bag is in there partially they have potentially compromised the system... Not what I would call a clean install and potentially dangerous to boot.
Well sabba, keep in mind that these gauges were installed on the KDM version which does not have curtain airbags, therefore nothing to screw into or deploy out of. So, this guys is safe with his mod as far as that goes. But, our U.S. versions should not be modified in this manner.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
555 Posts
+1.....
And, no caps are not necessary in a discussion, since that is the equivalent of yelling & would do nothing but maybe start an argument. Save the caps for when they are really necessary.
No, no, no... I was kidding. Didn't mean anything by it, sorry. I hate it when people type in caps.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.