Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you are aware, the Genesis cars are gaining popularity, especially the Coupe. We here at Genesisforums have tried building a new community around these cars and so far we feel we have so far been doing a decent job. This has taken a lot of work, time and our own money. We don’t get paid to do any of this. We havn’t even charged any of the vendors to have sub-forums as we believe building a community first is more important.

Now visiting the SRTforums recently I noticed that they had a thread regarding a Genesis Coupe review. Some of the SRTforum members have stated they were going to start their own forum. Now I don’t really care if someone starts another forum but what irked me is some of the statements being made. For example:
“shit i'll throw in 150 if someone else throws in.. hopefully the better of you guys can help run it... since you guys are locked into buying one.. we recruit from other sites.. and start from there.. i'm down let me know.. *cash in hand*” .

“See that's the thing. My heart is dead set as well. So why not? And if we become one of the most popular genesis forums it could be very well profitable and if that happens? We could pull an ekool :rofl:” (ekool started the SRTforums and later sold it to a company called Autoforums)
To me these statements are wrong on many levels. Firstly like I mentioned A LOT of time has gone into building these forums. Secondly, we here at Genesisforums have gone out of our way to share content with other sites as we feel that building the community is more important. We do this even though we don’t get anything in return. Some of the admins on the other sites will thank us, some will not. We do it regardless as it benefits the community. For people to make a statements like this in the open is insulting as it means they will try to ride the coat tails of other sites and profit from it.

I just hope that you guys realize that there will be these other sites that will undoubtedly spring up and some of them may not be worth going to because they are doing it for the wrong reasons. They don’t have the community's best interest in mind and they will rip content off from other sites without a care in the world. They are in it to make a quick buck. I think this is wrong. Support the sites and forums that have been in this from the beginning, the sites that have bought you content, who have actually done some work to building these community's. You all have to make your own decisions but I know I will not be supporting these type of sites in any way.

Thanks,
Sabbasaun

·
Registered
555 Posts
Personally I wouldn't want to join a Genesis site started by a bunch of SRT4 guys. Next thing you know Civic guys will be starting one.

I've been a member of a few other forums, not a bunch, but to me it's easy to see which sites have the heart and which sites have the money. The money sites aren't even pleasant to be a member of, everybody acts like jerks and it's nothing but a flame fest. People may migrate over there for a little while, but they'll be back to the forums that take care of them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I went over to said forum and read all 26 pages of that particular thread. Those guys act like and talk like 7th grade boys with no adult supervision. That is the most childish content I think I've read on a forum in quite at while. If you can't make a single post without every other word being profanity then you seriously need to grow up.

Like I said, the forums with actual content will be the ones that attract members. Don't worry Sabbasaun.

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
Weak, let me tell you, just weak

I just got done reading that myself, after reading the entire thread on the SRT Forum. The comments to one another in that thread were just insulting, ridiculous, childish, nasty, bashing IMO. A lot of the comments were completely ignorant & showed how little that community knows about this vehicle. When I got toward the end & seen what you're describing sabbasaum, it made me sick. The majority of that group acts like children & would not be welcomed on most of the Genesis sites. One particular individual, ILLJIM69, wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell getting on this site, at least as far as I'm concerned. Thank God he hates Hyundai & the Genesis, because we don't want his ilk. With the way they talk & treat each other over there, I think they probably need to start their own Genesis site, so they can stay off of ours. But, I don't think they have a chance at pulling members from other sites, because most of the members that are on other Genesis sites like where they are at & have a kinda comfortable feeling with the other members. Not to mention, these sites have been running for several months now & already have momentum. Like I said a long time ago, you guys on this forum are like close friends or even family to me. The other Genesis sites I frequent I like as well, but not as much as this one. This is home.

Thanks again for all your hard work, money, & time ADMINS, we appreciate you. And I think it's great that you allowed our vendors 1yr free membership, giving us one of the largest & best vender sponsorships on the boards.:clap: w00t..w00t

·
Registered
123,056 Posts
I for one appreciate the work you guys have done, this site is one of the reasons my interest in these cars has grown so much. Let the srt guys have their own forums, it'll keep the teenie boppers and immature out of the legit forums.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a 6 year SRTforums vet. I am actually member #42 (username "mpbiv") over there so I've been around there longer than most. I can tell you from experience that it is not worth reading through any thread that is more 3 pages long. It's just a bunch of shennanigans and such.

I wouldn't worry about anyone over there starting another Genesis Coupe Community/forum because none of the SRTforum members that would try such a thing would be capable of pulling it off effectively.

You guys are doing a good job.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Yeah some people are just like that. Something you have to take into account that you have the reputation here. You have the members, the "bond" and were here from just about the start and with the information here, information shared, friendships between all of us, etc... I dont think you have anything to worry about.

If you look at all of the Evolution forums out there most have VERY little action other than EvoM. Thats where everyone is. Thats where anyone who is a "big" parts manufacturer or credible vendor is. They go where it can be worthwhile to them. Where the members are.

There is one Genesis forum I REFUSE to go to because of the way I was treated when I first signed up. I was attacked like a blood hound to pay a vendor fee. Now why the heck would I pay a vendor fee for a car that wouldnt have been released in 6-8 months when I signed up? I have nothing to sell. LOL

I came to this site because I was invited by Sabbasaun. Im glad I have came here. I have been able to get a wealth of information, share some laughs & good times and meet some very cool people. Just starting a forum and "winging" it isnt going to make someone money. People go to a certain site because they want to and there is good information there.

I seriously dont think you have anything to worry about gentleman. I know this will be Buschur Racing's primary Genesis Forum. Our secondary will be NGC. As for the others.... I simply have no interest in being there. Myself and Buschur Racing have been welcomed here with open arms from the start. This is where we will stay.

Bottom line... with the support of vendors, word of mouth by members, word of mouth by vendors, etc... this site WILL grow and continue to grow. Especially once the Coupe hits the lots.

Good day Gentleman!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For Shizzle.
Besides most kiddies have no idea what it takes to run a forum
You are not kidding, we're mostly techies here, and we still had some issues getting everything. Then getting the forum built up and making it a place people would want to spend a few minutes a day was also hard work.

Yeah some people are just like that. Something you have to take into account that you have the reputation here. You have the members, the "bond" and were here from just about the start and with the information here, information shared, friendships between all of us, etc... I dont think you have anything to worry about.

If you look at all of the Evolution forums out there most have VERY little action other than EvoM. Thats where everyone is. Thats where anyone who is a "big" parts manufacturer or credible vendor is. They go where it can be worthwhile to them. Where the members are.

There is one Genesis forum I REFUSE to go to because of the way I was treated when I first signed up. I was attacked like a blood hound to pay a vendor fee. Now why the heck would I pay a vendor fee for a car that wouldnt have been released in 6-8 months when I signed up? I have nothing to sell. LOL

I came to this site because I was invited by Sabbasaun. Im glad I have came here. I have been able to get a wealth of information, share some laughs & good times and meet some very cool people. Just starting a forum and "winging" it isnt going to make someone money. People go to a certain site because they want to and there is good information there.

I seriously dont think you have anything to worry about gentleman. I know this will be Buschur Racing's primary Genesis Forum. Our secondary will be NGC. As for the others.... I simply have no interest in being there. Myself and Buschur Racing have been welcomed here with open arms from the start. This is where we will stay.

Bottom line... with the support of vendors, word of mouth by members, word of mouth by vendors, etc... this site WILL grow and continue to grow. Especially once the Coupe hits the lots.

Good day Gentleman!
Thanks Jarrod, we appreciate the support and glad you guys are here. The knowledge and experience you guys bring to the table is invaluable and will just make the community that much better. I remember when I first asked you to come over here you initially were a little hesitant and so I am glad things have worked out for us. I mean you won a Rhys Millen poster afterall! (Yes I have been a lazy bum and have not sent it but I will today for sure! Sorry!).

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Thanks Jarrod, we appreciate the support and glad you guys are here. The knowledge and experience you guys bring to the table is invaluable and will just make the community that much better. I remember when I first asked you to come over here you initially were a little hesitant and so I am glad things have worked out for us. I mean you won a Rhys Millen poster afterall! (Yes I have been a lazy bum and have not sent it but I will today for sure! Sorry!).
No thanks needed man. The pleasure is all ours. The staff here has been great to deal with and we were welcomed with open arms. As I said II look forward to seeing the site get HUGE.

What do you think about putting together a bulletin type post for people to copy and paste on Myspace to try to get people here?

P.S.-Got the poster lastweek and I REALLY like it. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Little off topic, but the forums I generally hang around the most is maxima.org. Shenanigans do happen, but usually in the OT where it belongs. It's a pretty decent forum with heaps of info and we have a solid amount of vendors there too. This forum reminds me A LOT of maxima.org, simply in the way that everyone treats each other: with respect. So I just want to let you guys know, this will be probably the only good Genesis forum.

Something I also wanted to mention, you guys could look into making decals for genesisforums.org, so those of us who get a GenCoupe can let other GenCoupe members know where they need to go.

·
The Dude
2,118 Posts
Little off topic, but the forums I generally hang around the most is maxima.org. Shenanigans do happen, but usually in the OT where it belongs. It's a pretty decent forum with heaps of info and we have a solid amount of vendors there too. This forum reminds me A LOT of maxima.org, simply in the way that everyone treats each other: with respect. So I just want to let you guys know, this will be probably the only good Genesis forum.

Something I also wanted to mention, you guys could look into making decals for genesisforums.org, so those of us who get a GenCoupe can let other GenCoupe members know where they need to go.
We have stickers you can get with our logo, if you look on the homepage at the last ad looking box on the left side of the site it is our zazzle store and we have decal stickers in there.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.