Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I am new to this forum. I have ordered a Genesis 4.6 with the tech package. It is in, and I am about to sign on the car except for one problem. I live in Montreal, Canada, and it can get quite cold in the winter. My current car has a remote starter. I asked for one, but the dealer's thrid party installer does not have the experience with this car. Has anyone had this done? If so, can you provide details.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more thing...RWD

Another concern has been the fact the car is RWD. Hyundai is throwing in 4 TOYO winter tires in the purchase of any new Genesis. Main reason I leased the 4.6 is because it has a limited slip differential. Would love to know if there has been any analysis at all on winter capability.

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Gollum, I'm curious, is your name derived from Lord of the Rings, if so that rocks:rofl:
Back to the question at hand, I, nor any of my techs have had any experience regarding remote start devises or engine warmers due to the warm temperatures here in the south throughout the year. I'm on vacation this week, but when I return to work I will check into it. Glickrick, for the winter capability question, the rear wheel drive platform by nature is not real happy in the snow, but limited slip differential, traction control, brake distribution along with the fact it does not have a live axle will help alot. Good tires will make the biggest difference & chains are available if all else fails, but keep in mind driving skills are more important than any of these factors. Remeber for many years there were no front wheel drive/AWD vehicles available to the general public, In the old days it was all skill.:yikes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tufast ...

winter is fun until you are driving up an icy road with a layer of fresh snow. Drove RWD for many years, AWD gives a great sense of security, which is a big part of coping with winter conditions.

Limited slip and traction control, along with balance in weight distribution, I am hoping to have a reasonable time of it. I expect I will have 2 weeks where the Genesis would be better to stay in my driveway. But half of that would be huge snowfalls, where everything is pretty much clogged anyway.

That is how I have sold myself as to why I should get the Genesis. 351 good days versus 14 bad. But I just don't have a history on its ability in winter conditions.

Any info on a starter will be most helpful!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Hello:

I am new to this forum. I have ordered a Genesis 4.6 with the tech package. It is in, and I am about to sign on the car except for one problem. I live in Montreal, Canada, and it can get quite cold in the winter. My current car has a remote starter. I asked for one, but the dealer's thrid party installer does not have the experience with this car. Has anyone had this done? If so, can you provide details.

Many thanks.
glickrick, if I remeber correctly, a couple of years ago I checked into a engine warmer remote starter for one of my customers' newly purchased Santafe or Veracruz, can't remember which, that were in the military & moving to Alaska, but back to the point if I remember correctly Hyundai offered this devise & a 3rd party was not needed. I'm on vacation this week, but I'm going to contact my Parts & Service Coordinator to see if he can help us while I'm on vacation.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Starter woes

Tufast:

Many thanks! I hope you can find a solution. I am about to dive in on this and I am not sure I am making the right choice over my alternative, but I love the car!

The dealer is saying that there is a starter for an Audi A8 that might work. Seems the push button start is the problem. It took them a year to get it right with the Veracruz!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
glickrick, if I remeber correctly, a couple of years ago I checked into a engine warmer remote starter for one of my customers' newly purchased Santafe or Veracruz, can't remember which, that were in the military & moving to Alaska, but back to the point if I remember correctly Hyundai offered this devise & a 3rd party was not needed. I'm on vacation this week, but I'm going to contact my Parts & Service Coordinator to see if he can help us while I'm on vacation.
Tufast thanks for helping out on this one. It's appreciated and once we find the correct info out we may sticky the thread for others.

Thanks again

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
No remote start availabe yet

Glickrick, I'm sorry to say that my Parts & Service coordinator got back with me after checking into remote start/engine heaters for the Genesis & there is nothing available from Hyundai at this point. My dealership in the past has allowed one particular 3rd party establishment to install after market components in Hyundai vehicles that were not equipped from the factory. This is due in part for their known quality work & after market components used since the 70's.
I can't vouch for any other after market 3rd party shops, but if I were in your shoes, I would research the place where they (the Hyundai dealership where you made your purchase) recommended having this work done & see how reputable this company is. Since you will not be able to take it back to that aftermarket shop once the installation is done due to the fact the vehicle is going to be stationed in Canada & the 3rd party shop I guess will be a relative long drive from where you live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.