Votes: 14 29.2%
  • do away with RSS feeds

Votes: 4 8.3%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been brought up more than once about the amount of RSS feeds cluttering our forums. Now on gencoupe all RSS feeds come through & on here I let about 65% through on avg. But, some feel that is still way too much, but I've heard others say that they like to read them when they are current on all Genesis info. It would be much easier for me if we just did away them & somewhat easier if I didn't have to read each one. So, my question is what should we do with RSS feeds?

1) keep it as it is
2) let all RSS/Jalopnik feeds through
3) let only Genesis related material trough
4) let only Hyundai/Kia (includes Genesis) material through
5) get rid off RSS feeds all together

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I appreciate having a place to meet with other GC minded people & can certainly tolerate off-topic feeds & postings if it keeps everyone else happy.
I mean, when I think about it, who am I to complain. I should be thrilled just to have a GC group at all!
So whatever you folks decide I can live with.

Thanks for being such a great GC resource..................

Oversoul

·
Registered
668 Posts
Honestly, the off topic posts don't bother me too much, but I do agree. Sometimes it get out of hand. I voted Hyundai/KIA feeds only. If anyone wants to bring up another feed I'm sure a little effort into posting it into the right forums wouldn't do any harm.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tufast, would you mind sendng me a PM on how to get the RSS feeds setup? I'm a forum admin on a local forum and would like to set something like this up. I think the RSS feeds are awesome!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Tufast, would you mind sendng me a PM on how to get the RSS feeds setup? I'm a forum admin on a local forum and would like to set something like this up. I think the RSS feeds are awesome!
They are pretty simple to setup, almost like setting up another sub-forum. First you need to find the URL of the RSS feed. THe bigger sites will have these listed. The two we have set up are below:

feeds.autoblog.com (Autoblog)
feeds.gawker.com (Jalopnik)

Second, goto the "RSS Feeds Manager" and "Add New RSS Feed" and assign to a forum if you have one. You also have other options such as how frequently the forum checks for new feeds.

Thirdly, "Run Scheduled Task Now" and feeds should start to populate.

Hope that helps.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
OK just an update:

For now I have moved the RSS feeds into the "Other Car Discussions" area. However, they will NOT appear in the "Recent Threads" or the "New Posts" sections. So if you like reading the RSS feeds, you'll have to goto them manually. If there is something worthy of reading we can always move individual threads into the one of the other sections. We can also add other RSS feeds if anyone has any suggestions.

RSS-Autoblog
RSS-Jalopnik

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Doesn't even need to be voted on IMO.

Either only genesis info or Hyundai/Kia info. I'm tired of seeing news on cars I don't even care about on here. I goto jalopnik for a reason.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I say let them all through (we can make them viewable by everyone) but not have them show up on the Recent Threads or New Posts unless they are moved to the Misc Topics section. You would just have to navigate to the sub-forums section where the RSS feeds are.
I agree here with the quote above

·
Registered
2 Posts
It has been brought up more than once about the amount of RSS feeds cluttering our forums. Now on gencoupe all RSS feeds come through & on here I let about 65% through on avg. But, some feel that is still way too much, but I've heard others say that they like to read them when they are current on all Genesis info. It would be much easier for me if we just did away them & somewhat easier if I didn't have to read each one. So, my question is what should we do with RSS feeds?

1) keep it as it is
2) let all RSS/Jalopnik feeds through
3) let only Genesis related material trough
4) let only Hyundai/Kia (includes Genesis) material through
5) get rid off RSS feeds all together
If this is to be a TRUE Genesis Forum, then that is ALL that belongs here. I don't want to hear about someonesVette or Mustang.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I dont want to see em when I goto NEW POSTS

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Mini Speeder
212 Posts
Honestly, the off topic posts don't bother me too much, but I do agree. Sometimes it get out of hand. I voted Hyundai/KIA feeds only. If anyone wants to bring up another feed I'm sure a little effort into posting it into the right forums wouldn't do any harm.
+1

I say let them all through (we can make them viewable by everyone) but not have them show up on the Recent Threads or New Posts unless they are moved to the Misc Topics section. You would just have to navigate to the sub-forums section where the RSS feeds are.
woop. i shoulda read before i voted.
i like sabbasaun :) ....i mean, i like his idea. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts