Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was only a matter of time... Genesis steering angle modifications are underway….

STOCK

KPR

STOCK

KPR

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Al9WwTKvIo"]YouTube - KPR Genesis Steering Angle Kit[/ame]

From the factory Genesis coupe’s have only 39 degrees of steering angle. We are currently hitting 54 degrees of steering angle without any wheel well clearance modifications or the proper offset. All steering angle degree tests were done with the toe alignment set to 0 degrees.

·
Registered
157 Posts
And the goal is.... what? Tighter turns while parallel parking?
I haven't found a turn yet that my GC can't easily negotiate with its 39 degrees of steering angle.
What's the practical use? The ability to make tighter U-turns back to the pit?????

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
correct, increased steering angle when in a drift allows you to make better adjustments laterally.

my fiance is heavy into drifting and had me respond to this, lol
Thanks Jana.......for a second there I was hoping we had a female drifter on board. Oh well, still glad to have drift enthusiast around.

I took my GF to her 1st drift event this past season to FD Road Atlanta & she loved it. She met Rhys & like to fell over dead when she heard his accent. But, she actually loved the drifting, esp seeing how much I liked it.

BTW, I merged your posts for you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hmmmmm......... taking a brand new $30k car, adding a few more $grand in mods, then speeding it around & beating the hell out of it...... wow, I wish I had that kind of disposable income. ;), but I guess that's what performance driving/racing is all about!
Be safe.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Seems like a cool mod... I like those tires your running what are those? Toyo???

·
Registered
668 Posts
I like :) Will be watching this one. It looks like Toyo treads to me as well Boosted.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feedback guys and gal!

And the goal is.... what? Tighter turns while parallel parking? I haven't found a turn yet that my GC can't easily negotiate with its 39 degrees of steering angle. What's the practical use? The ability to make tighter U-turns back to the pit?????
Correct, this is not a modification for everybody. Mainly aimed to those interested in drifting and to those who are looking to achieve more steering angle from lock to lock.

Seems like a cool mod... I like those tires your running what are those? Toyo???
The front tires are General Exclaim UHP. They look very similar to the Toyo Proxes 4.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
This is probably a noob question but does this affect how big of rims plus tires you could put on the front.
I would venture to say yes, because of the new steering angle allowing more of the tire to rotate inward giving more opportunity to hit on suspension/brake components.

People doing this mod will not be installing larger wheels though & those installing larger wheels will not be interested in this mod.
In other words bigger wheels for looks & increased steering angle for drift performance.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Our Genesis Steering Angle Kit will include outer tie rod ends engineered to work with our custom machined stainless steel steering rack spacers.

COMING... eventually ;)

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
i personally have been driving with the kit on our test car for over a week , its so nice not doing 3 point turn arounds anymore lol. also great for parallel parking :) oh yah and the ocasional onramp turns are fun to lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
i personally have been driving with the kit on our test car for over a week , its so nice not doing 3 point turn arounds anymore lol. also great for parallel parking :) oh yah and the ocasional onramp turns are fun to lol
What a tease! I'm still waiting for this one. :)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry for the wait guys. Our CNC guy is currently working at a snails pace. :dunno:

Here's what the complete kit will look like...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts