Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Spec clutch disengaging issue

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  willyolio 
#1 ·
we just install the Spec stage4 clutch kit on a car, but it was disengaging.
I saw AMS's thread and found they got same problem.but they just sent the clutch back to Spec and no follow-up.

I called up Spec, they told me that there was air still in the hydraulic system, and they asked me bleeding air by vacum pump. But i dont think that makes sense. we have tried loz of times to bleed air.

anyone has the problem ever?

:cry::cry::cry:

#5 ·
yeah, i googled around and found lots of people with similar problems... one guy found a fix, which was to grind down his OEM flywheel or something like that.

it seems like the SPEC lightweight flywheel is thinner than most OEM flywheels. SPEC clutch works with their own flywheel...

looks like they don't bother to do any actual R&D.

#8 · (Edited)
gonna see if i can find the links...

these guys in a mazda forum: one with spec flywheel with no problems, another guy says you have to get the OEM flywheel resurfaced or replaced.
SPEC clutch reviews - Mazda Forums

then again, some guys with VWs got it with both, and figured it was a pressure plate problem.
VWvortex Forums: SPEC Clutch Horror stories, (R32 chapter)

i think AMS figured both ways could have fixed problem- either machining the OEM flywheel (which wasn't worth it) or doing something with the pressure plate to get it to lift better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.