Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I had originally planned on using this car for track purposes mainly, but since I got rid of the bimmer & this is no my DD, I decided to do a little bit of stereo upgrades. The stock base stereo in the R-Spec is lacking, so I decided that a good 10" DVC sub, a powerful amp to push it, a better head unit with more power to push the mids & highs along with upgraded door seperates & quarter speakers is in order. Luckily I've been an audiophile most of my life up until a few years back & I have most of the equipment just lying around. I'm not going all out & installing several amps because I still want to keep the weight down in the car as much as possible, although I do happen to have three 500w punch amps along with another 200w 4 channel Punch amp just lying around.

Here is a pick of the Punch 10" P3 DVC sub good for 800w max installed in the back deck & yes it was a PITA to install. I still have to build the box to mount to the bottom of the deck since the speaker is not a free air & needs to be in a sealed enclosure. I will keep everyone posted as I continue to improve the stereo in my car.

I'm still not sure if I lile the speaker on top of the 3rd brake lamp or if I would prefer to have it beneath it......its a work in progress...LoL

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Registered
95 Posts
1) Hey man how have you been? i switched back to this forum bc it seems to be more taimed.
2) I thought you did gauges in the top lcd mount display?
3) When you say your buying a track rear deck lid are you referring to the underside in the trunk that has a cut out for a sub or does that track come with a speaker grill opening for the sub?

I'm excitited to see this, ive been in the works of trying to take out the single disc r-spec head unit and put in a track one thats my friend doesnt use any more to see if it will push out any more power bc its from the track?? Keep me updating, im subscribing to this.

P.s. does that mean the cut out for the sub on the rear deack is 10"?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I'm looking forward to the new rear deck

When you say your buying a track rear deck lid are you referring to the underside in the trunk that has a cut out for a sub or does that track come with a speaker grill opening for the sub?
The interior covering for the rear deck. It does have a hole cut out (8") for the sub and it doesn't have the 3rd brake light

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) Hey man how have you been? i switched back to this forum bc it seems to be more taimed.
2) I thought you did gauges in the top lcd mount display?
3) When you say your buying a track rear deck lid are you referring to the underside in the trunk that has a cut out for a sub or does that track come with a speaker grill opening for the sub?

I'm excitited to see this, ive been in the works of trying to take out the single disc r-spec head unit and put in a track one thats my friend doesnt use any more to see if it will push out any more power bc its from the track?? Keep me updating, im subscribing to this.

P.s. does that mean the cut out for the sub on the rear deack is 10"?
Been doing alright, although funds are lacking subjecting my build to a slower process than originally planned.

I have mounted the gauges where the top diplay was, but I'm gonna clean it up with some fiberglass workmanship & repainting.

I will be gettng rid of the OEM dual DIN radio & going to a single DIN Alpine for better quality & free up space in the center stack.

It's gonna be pretty sick when all done - trust me. :rofl:

I'm looking forward to the new rear deck

The interior covering for the rear deck. It does have a hole cut out (8") for the sub and it doesn't have the 3rd brake light
^^^^^Exactly...the main reason is no 3rd brake lamp assy to get in the way of my 10" sub. I will just cut the 8" hole larger to fit the 10" I have.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts