Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
The Dude
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how are you going to roll stay with the stock audio setup that Hyundai puts in the Genesis coupe or you gonna go all out with a custom aftermarket setup?

I'm a big audiophile so I got to have a good AV setup!

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
Since I'm going with the R-Spec version, I'm assuming the radio will be low budget, if there's one at all. So I've gotta Alpine head unit with XM built in & an Alpine ipod connectivity device I purchased sitting on a shelf. I want this car light, so just one 10" Punch P2 sub & a 300W punch amp, which are in the bimmer right now. One of my 10s blew the other day & I decided to replace those with two 10" P3s & two Punch 500w amps Ithat I also have sitting on a shelf. All mids & tweets get replaced for clarity & shouldn't add much more weight. If I want real loud music I'll drive the bimmer, but for the Coupe just want something light & sounds good;).

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
suppose to have an ipod hook up right? ill just use that. factory sound....why would i want to cover the sweet sounds of a bb turbo :rolleyes: :rofl:
Yeah, but one of the things that is supposed to be cut out of the R-Spec model maybe ipod & Bluetooth connectivity. If the ipod connectivity is there I will leave well enough alone & just install the single sub & amp. More importantly, I hope the Xenon HIDs are still incorporated in the R-Spec, if not at least have them as an option. I can do without all the power crap, sunroof, gizmos, & junk, but PLEASE leave the HIDs.:cry:

·
Registered
83 Posts
im planning to get a track model. Don't wanna wait for a RSPEC for r&d purposes and the idea of a up-scale dual track/commuter car is growing on me.

factory system should be plenty. I may work a upgraded sub into the factory location for ish and giggles though.

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
After market install...

I found this on another forum & thought it useful for those thinking of swapping out the factory unit.

Thanks to bkmania for the pic & Gencoupe.com for the find.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Eventually I believe i will go with a custom fiberglass enclosure w/ memphis components possibly. Theres an audio shop we have dealt with since they have opened (i say we but me and my friend justin, redlinedesign.tv) on the show cars, excellent work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For this car, I dont think I'll put a system in it at all. In cars that I "drive", I normally only have the radio up just enough to have background noise, I'll enjoy my turbo/blowoff instead.

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
The factory stereo stays if it's got ipod capability. If not, then I've got an Alpine detachable face w/XM & ipod connectivity sitting on a shelf in my shop waiting to go in. Hopefully factory mids & tweets sound ok. I'll be swapping out the sub in the back deck with a Punch P2 10" & adding a 300w Punch amp to push it that is coming out of the bimmer. No enclosure, trying to save weight. Just want a little more bass than is offered factory & have to have ipod connectivity.

My bimmer has the upgraded high end stereo from the factory & is getting pair of P3 10" subs w/2 500w Punch amps I just purchased. So, if I want to crank it, I'll just take the BMW, but if I truely want to go fast, I'll take the Hyundai. Sounds kinda contradictory doesn't it?

·
Registered
292 Posts
As others have said, if there's iPod connectivity, then the factory sterio will stay, If not, I've got a Kenwood 7.5" flip out dvd deck that I'll put in it. Might get a decent 10" sub to throw in the trunk, but I like the idea of having some trunk space, so it won't be anything too crazy.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Anymore, I just prefer the sound of the car itself. I am not into loud music anymore. I actually think dumping all that money into a sound system is a waste. Especially since I am usually only in there for 20 minute stretches 95% of the time. But if you live in your car, there is probably some reason to upgrade if your ear is that acoustically sensitive.

·
Registered
292 Posts
From what I've been able to see, the trunk looks like it's gonna be relatively small, with a hump between the shock towers. To me, it looks like a nice spot to mount an amp, and if there's enough height clearance, a small box with a 10" sub.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Anymore, I just prefer the sound of the car itself. I am not into loud music anymore. I actually think dumping all that money into a sound system is a waste. Especially since I am usually only in there for 20 minute stretches 95% of the time. But if you live in your car, there is probably some reason to upgrade if your ear is that acoustically sensitive.
Yeah I'm not into aftermarket steroes as much as I used to be either. I'm think'n the factory Infinity sound system should be plenty for me even though it may not have the "flare" of the aftermarket units.

From what I've been able to see, the trunk looks like it's gonna be relatively small, with a hump between the shock towers. To me, it looks like a nice spot to mount an amp, and if there's enough height clearance, a small box with a 10" sub.
The main gripe I thinik about the trunk is the opening. If you can manuever your stuff you should still be able to get a couple sets of golf clubs in there.

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
As long as I can hook up my IPOD im good to go.....electronics in these newer cars can become a nightmare QUICKLY
The flip side is these newer vehicles have much better factory sounding radios than a few years back

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.