Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

When playing car racing video games, do you find yourself choosing vehicles or brands that you've owned in the past? We are definitely guilty as charged on this count, but it seems that this sort of logic works the other way too. People that play popular games like Gran Turismo and Project Gotham Racing have shown an affinity towards real-life vehicles that they used in the gaming realm. Subaru WRX or Mitsubishi Evolution anyone?

Financial Post researchers recently conducted a brief study that put people in front of gaming consoles running car racing simulators. Other people were placed in separate rooms where the games were being broadcast, but not played. Afterward, both groups were surveyed, and the results were eye opening. Those that played the video games responded that they were 50% more likely to purchase vehicles that they used in the video games than those that just watched.

Sure, these results don't necessarily prove anything, but automakers and advertisers have certainly taken notice. Current estimates put the in-game advertising market at $1.8 billion within the next few years.

Autoblog
Click above for high-res image gallery of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah the SRT-4 in GT4 was pathetic, gearing was all jacked up and I think they had it underpowered stock too. Based on that gameplay I probably would have stayed very far away from the ol' neon, but fortunately I bought the game after I bought my car.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I choose cars that I have owned, will owned or would own if I had the cash.

I like to crash them too. lol

Yeah the SRT-4 in GT4 was pathetic, gearing was all jacked up and I think they had it underpowered stock too. Based on that gameplay I probably would have stayed very far away from the ol' neon, but fortunately I bought the game after I bought my car.
So in reality it was like real life? BWAHAHAHA :rofl:

I kid I kid.... I couldnt resist. That was not meant to offend anyone there are exceptions to them. :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Actually, you probably already know this, the gearing in the real SRT-4 isn't all that bad. :D I'll have to get GT5 when it comes out. They're claiming it'll eventually have 10,000 cars in the game (probably downloadable content). On the turboford forums someone mentioned that it'll have the 86 SVO 'stang and some other cool turbos. Can't wait to get it!!! Here's the unofficial car list. [FONT=Verdana, Arial]PS3's Gran Turismo 5 Complete List of Cars - Zerotohundred.com[/FONT]

·
Mini Speeder
212 Posts
hahahahhaahahhaha that's so trueeeeee
my bf always gets the evo in initial Ds and all those racing games!!!
as for me........ why weren't there any gen coupes again??

ohh... riiight... it's new.... ;P

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.