Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Arrival

2:45 PM: Well it is about 2:45 PM on Monday the 3rd. I'm already bushed and we just got to the hotel. We got little sleep as we were doing some last minute planning and ended up only getting about 1 hour of sleep before heading out at 6:10AM out of Seattle to Las Vegas. The 2.5 hour flight went ok accept I could hardly get any sleep and realized that kids can be really annoying on planes especially early in the morning. :aargh:Anyhow after landing we got shuttled off to Budget rentals. Getting the rental was a little bit of a hassle and after some fussing we were finally able to get a full size car at a decent $25/day. More than what we were supposed to pay for but I was tired and didn't feel like fighting anymore. The Chevy Impala's actually ride pretty good but I would have liked to have been in a Hyundai Genesis.

So after getting the rental we stopped by the Las Vegas Convention Center to pick up our Show credentials and sort of scout out the buildings and figure out some logistics. The Hyundai booth is in the North end of the Convention center and our attempts to sneak in were thawrted by Las Vegas' finest security personal. "Only Exibitors are allowed!" was a common phrase we heard. I guess we weren't special enough. That's ok as there were plenty of nice other show cars on exhibit that we got to see and we've got a few pics of them here. We do however have an interview scheduled with Derek Joyce, Hyundai's Product Developement Manager tomorrow after the Hyundai show car unveilings. We're going to do our best to ask the questions that everyone has requested us to ask.

Some teaser pics and more updates to come....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I don't know where Korean get this pictures, but its on Korean popular auto portal site.

Please post more detail pictures tomorrow.........especially HKS seems to be #1 to everyone on the list~

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
End of Day Update

Well it is near the end of the day. We just returned from the Hyundai Sponsored Media Dinner at the Craftsteak Restaurant in the MGM. Hyundai spared no expense and ordered up the works for us: Steak, Chicken, Fish, Prawns, Appetizers, dessert and also the fine wine! It was a pretty cool evening as we got to meet some of the Hyundai Execs and the technical people involved with the Genesis cars. We also got a special privileged of meeting Rhys Millen and his wife and ended up eating at the same table.

This function was a little more informal that I anticipated it would be so we didn't get to ask a whole lot of questions. This was more of a get together to meet everyone who has a part (big or small) in bringing these Hyundai cars.

Special thanks to Hyundai and Rhys Millen for a great night!

Up for tomorrow is the Hyundai Press event. They are the first in line after GM pulled out of the show.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
The Dude
2,120 Posts
The dinner was great, I was afraid it was gonna be really gourmet but it was really good like Sabbasaun said. They also wouldn't stop bringing wine I must have had 5 or 6 glasses poured besides the whiskey and coke I started with. It was kind of a surreal expirience sitting at the same table with Rhys Millen, he was telling us stories and even showed us pictures on his cell phone of his attempt to be the first to backflip a truck which he broke his back. He is also planning to try again though. A great first night in Vegas.

I can't believe how many people play slot machines the mgm grand was jammed with people gambling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.