Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I got my Eibach Prokit installed! I realize that a lot of guys want to go low, low, low. However, that's not my thing. Well, it could be, IF I didn't need this to be a viable daily driver, that takes me to the cottage, and gets me around in the snow in the winter as well.

THAT said, I loves me the look, especially with the wheels. The +20mm offset on the 19x8 and 19x9.5's looks bloody fantastic. Throw the 245/35 and 275/35 rubber onto that and... Total win, if I do say so myself.

The ride and feel are fantastic: far better than I expected, to be honest. Ride quality on the basics are as good, or better, than stock. Over major, jagged ripples in the road (ice heaves are particularly bad) it does 'thump' painfully, but that can actually be attributed to the 35 profile on the tires.

In the corners, the lower center of gravity makes a huge difference: they're also stiffer and flatter in the corners.

I'm really happy with the set up, and the look. If and when the time comes that the Gen becomes a project car, then I might go coilovers. In the meantime, these Eibach's are fantastic.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Very nice! I think the Premium has the same suspension as the base right? I heard there wasn't much improvement going with Eibachs on the Track version but I would imagine it would be a stiffer ride compared to the Base/Premium springs.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks awesome! First pic is money. Hoping to get my teins on this weekend.
Yeah, the sky was perfect for shootin' this weekend. Thanks man!

Very nice! I think the Premium has the same suspension as the base right? I heard there wasn't much improvement going with Eibachs on the Track version but I would imagine it would be a stiffer ride compared to the Base/Premium springs.
Exactly: Premium and base is the same suspension/brakes/wheels. Although the drop even compared to the GT/Track is huge.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Exactly: Premium and base is the same suspension/brakes/wheels. Although the drop even compared to the GT/Track is huge.
Sweet! I know the drop would be the same, but I couldn't justify spending money purely on aesthetics (and the added disadvantage of possibly scraping on those stupid parking lot bumpers.)

BTW great pics! Makes me glad that I bought one in Mirabeau Blue :)

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
boozy that car looks supa-clean & that 1st pic is a winner. The wheels are going off & the stance is perfect IMO.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet! I know the drop would be the same, but I couldn't justify spending money purely on aesthetics (and the added disadvantage of possibly scraping on those stupid parking lot bumpers.)

BTW great pics! Makes me glad that I bought one in Mirabeau Blue :)
Thanks man!

Yeah, I don't regret the MB at all. Although I do consider the LRG once in a while, when I see it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
boozy that car looks supa-clean & that 1st pic is a winner. The wheels are going off & the stance is perfect IMO.
Very clean look. Great stance and offset. Springs are definately worth the money.
Thanks guys. Clean is what I want. I think the Gen looks awesome with the wings, eyebrows, grills, vents, CF, the works, but it's not what I'm going for. I want it to be very recognizable as a Gen (when people actually start recognizing them) and yet make people look at it and go "hunh" that looks ... better... but I don't know how".

Tufast: I had to do the first shot: it matches the first pic I ever took of the car, when it was 100% stock:

You really start to see the difference just wheels and springs make when comparing this shot, and the most recent.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great!! What camera are you shooting with?
Thanks man!

Nikon D70s, with an 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6, bought it new in 2005, and I've got about 30,000 shutter openings on it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks great man! I'm so happy i got that color! Everyone tells me how nice of a color it is!
Thank ya! Same, definitely tied for best with LRG in my mind.

i love the stance of your car man...makes me miss my eibachs
Thanks! First time for me: I never got around to putting a set on my RSX before I got rid of it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Awesome car, and the wheels look great.

I have had my MB 2.0T for 9 months now (wow, it seems like yesterday, and the car still feels new to me... it wasn't like this with my 2001 or 2005 pathfinders).

Last week, on two occasions people came up to me and asked me what kind of Hyundai it was.

I told them that it was a Genesis coupe, and they said that they can't believe that it's a Hyundai, and how great the car looks. Both times, they complimented on the color.

Also, the D70s is a great camera, and the 18-70G lens is a great lens. Nikon discontinued the 18-70 which other than the variable aperture was giving semi-pro lens run for their money in the distortion free 24-50mm focal ranges. It was replaced with the 18-55 plastic (the lens!) lens. The pictures look great.

Nice to meet another Nikonian MB GC 2.0T owner

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome car, and the wheels look great.

I have had my MB 2.0T for 9 months now (wow, it seems like yesterday, and the car still feels new to me... it wasn't like this with my 2001 or 2005 pathfinders).

Last week, on two occasions people came up to me and asked me what kind of Hyundai it was.

I told them that it was a Genesis coupe, and they said that they can't believe that it's a Hyundai, and how great the car looks. Both times, they complimented on the color.

Also, the D70s is a great camera, and the 18-70G lens is a great lens. Nikon discontinued the 18-70 which other than the variable aperture was giving semi-pro lens run for their money in the distortion free 24-50mm focal ranges. It was replaced with the 18-55 plastic (the lens!) lens. The pictures look great.

Nice to meet another Nikonian MB GC 2.0T owner
Wow, can't believe I missed this one!

Thanks, and I'm the same way: I've had mine... damn. nearly 18 months now (June 11, 2009) and I still ogle my own car when I look out the window. :D

As for the Nikon, it's great: i'm starting to have some read/write issues, but it is still good. And a software fix will solve the issue, I'm just too lazy to send it in.

As for the 18-70mm, it's the best 'kit' lens I've ever seen. And while the 18-55mm is the new kit lens, the actual successor to the 18-70mm is the 18-105mm. Very similar architecture in the lens. I wouldn't ever bother with the 18-55, it's mediocre at best.

What I want, though, is the 85mm F/1.8, 35mm F/1.8, and 105mm F/2.8 macro. Yeah, I gotta thing for primes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.