Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the snow is starting to fly. Some people are putting their cars away for the winter, some of us are putting the much-less-fun-to-drive-on-winter-tires on, and well, is there really a better excuse to get one last cruise in?

Especially when that cruise takes you to pancakes, french toast, and sausage, smothered in maple syrup, and accompanied by coffee?

In order, below: GennyGirl, Spool2Go, Pwned88, and me, Boozysmurf.

Four from Behind by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Four in Profile by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Four in a Row by boozysmurf, on Flickr

And because we're living in the future? Video. Couple of good moments, some nice scenery, and at least one point where I get caught cursing at uneven road. And by cursing, I mean *thump* "Oww. aowwww! fuck!"
I was pullin' up the rear (heh. heh. rear.) so, everyone who went is in the shot, in most of the vids.

Really fun last run. Also, delicious sausage.

Did I mention the sausage?

Ok, here's the sausage first.

Mmmm, FrenchToast and Sausage by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Finally, video!

Leaving Centrum:

YouTube - 01 - hitting the highway - to HWY 7

Getting off the 417:

YouTube - 02 - Leaving the 417

sometimes, You gotta Catch Up:

YouTube - 03 - Catching the pack

First Leg of the Backroads:

YouTube - 04 - First leg of the back roads

More Backroads:

YouTube - 05 - More backroads

Even More Backroads:

YouTube - 06 - more backroads

Transition to Dirt and Gravel: PANCAKES!

YouTube - 07 - transition to dirt and gravel, PANCAKES

Weird Sound:

YouTube - 08 - wierd sound under the clattering of gravel

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Ya'll have all the fun..
I know right

Hey, we gotta entertain ourselves SOMEHOW when we're not building igloos!
You know, I never put much thought into it before but that would make you appreciate the fair weather more while you have it. We might just take it a little for granted down here :Hmmm:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know, I never put much thought into it before but that would make you appreciate the fair weather more while you have it. We might just take it a little for granted down here :Hmmm:
*grin* Totally true. And winter driving is not desperately terrible, once you accept it and learn how. 99% of winter driving is, well, summer driving, but colder. And if you get that perfect day: say, -5oC, Sunny, not a cloud in the sky, and a two-day old snowfall on the ground, but clear roads? It's beautiful to drive in. Heater up, windows down.

But the 1%, having to get across town, at rush hour, with eight inches of fresh snow, everyone sliding everywhere, if they can move at all, and some ass grinding your rear bumper to get there three seconds sooner? That blows. Then you wish for spring.

I'll be puttin' the winter tires on sometime this weekend, I think. :( They won't come off again until May 1st.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.