Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of option is that? :dunno: I hate that stuff. Its one more thing to bug you or something extra to go bad and cause irritation.

I wonder how it will react (if any effect at all) when you replace the rims & tires and dont re-use the sensors. Hopefully you can shut the stupid light off that im sure will come on.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What kind of option is that? :dunno: I hate that stuff. Its one more thing to bug you or something extra to go bad and cause irritation.

I wonder how it will react (if any effect at all) when you replace the rims & tires and dont re-use the sensors. Hopefully you can shut the stupid light off that im sure will come on.
Most cars these days its not even a option, its standard. I hate TPMS honestly. Like you said, its just annoying. Hopefully its not as sensitive as the TPMS on Audi's. The slightest change in weather made the first gen TPMS sensors go insane. If the system is similar to Audi's, it'll probably say System Malfunction or something along those lines. Luckily TPMS systems usually don't beep constantly like seat belt alarms.

·
Registered
7 Posts
actually i have this on my tc and i thought it was pointless at first but then i got a nail in my tire. i honestly wouldnt have noticed till it really started to affect my drive.

really its just convient more than "wow i gotta have my tire pressure monitor"

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
By the end of 2009 all cars for sale in the U.S. must have TPMS, it's the law. But, yes it can be a nuiance. If you want to limit the light's appearance on your dash, do one simple mod, Nitrogen. Now lets say it together, NITROGEN. It has numerous benefits, including, but not limited to: the ability to not escape as easily as oxygen. This is because it's molecules are 4 times the size of the oxygen molecules used in normal tire air. Normal air has a fair amount of water contained in it, which is the main contributor to dryrotting, so nitrogen can increase the longevity of your tire life (not wear).

Jarrod, switching your wheels & tires to different sizes will not cause problems, as long as, you switch the TPMS sensors into the new wheels & have them reprogrammed to the vehicle. But, some aftermarket wheels will not accept the factory sensors & if that's the case, you will need to spend about an extra $50.00 a pop (x4) for TPMS sensors that will fit & will work with your car's computer. Then, you still have to pay a Hyundai svc dept to register them, so the light will go off. So, your new set of wheels & tires could set you back another $250.00 or so. So is life.

Now, the benefits. Obviously you'll know when you have a nail or foreign object in your tire. But, in addition, you'll also know when the tires are off a little causing you to get poor fuel mileage, which is why it's becoming law. Not to mention, that it will also help reduce negative tire wear & pull.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Piss on those sensors. I just wont transfer them over to the new wheels. Im not going to dismount the factory tires to get them out and I damn sure will not pay $250+ to get new ones and reprogrammed. I will deal with the light being on.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Piss on those sensors. I just wont transfer them over to the new wheels. Im not going to dismount the factory tires to get them out and I damn sure will not pay $250+ to get new ones and reprogrammed. I will deal with the light being on.
Most of the time the factory ones will work in your aftermarket wheels. So stop being lazy, break the old wheels down, pull the sensors, install them in your new wheels & tires, then come give me $49.00 to program them...LoL

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most of the time the factory ones will work in your aftermarket wheels. So stop being lazy, break the old wheels down, pull the sensors, install them in your new wheels & tires, then come give me $49.00 to program them...LoL
Its definitely not the fact of being lazy its the fact of wasting the money on dismounting and remounting the factory tires for no reason at all other than to "monitor my air pressure". lol I will just figure out a way to deal with the light. I can tell when I have a flat and im capable of checking my tire pressure manually.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Its definitely not the fact of being lazy its the fact of wasting the money on dismounting and remounting the factory tires for no reason at all other than to "monitor my air pressure". lol I will just figure out a way to deal with the light. I can tell when I have a flat and im capable of checking my tire pressure manually.
Alright, I'm just giving you a hard time. I was glad to find out my bimmer didn't come with them either. I got the original purchase invoice & this guy who bought my car got only the performance stuff, no extra BS. I should thank him...LoL

Most of us enthusiast stay on top of our tire pressures, like everything else. But, since I had Nitrogen installed in my tires, I have got a little lax.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Imagine malfunction TPMS sensor....pull off car every time.

Nice thing to see before and after tire temperature rise, but it will be better to have run flat tire and ease your mind.

I think Genesis Coupe uses TRW TPMS sensors. If cost $250/set to buy, its good idea to turn the warning light off like Jrod said.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts

Just figure out how the sensors are talking to the controller. Shouldnt be hard to mimic the output of the ''satisfactory pressure''.

I for one will be hooking a boost line to the sensors. Since Ill be boosting every second Im in the car I should be golden :jester:

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright, I'm just giving you a hard time. I was glad to find out my bimmer didn't come with them either. I got the original purchase invoice & this guy who bought my car got only the performance stuff, no extra BS. I should thank him...LoL

Most of us enthusiast stay on top of our tire pressures, like everything else. But, since I had Nitrogen installed in my tires, I have got a little lax.
I know you were just giving me a hard time but these little "do-dad" options they put on cars sometimes are more of an irritation than they are good. I mean if someone seriously cant check their tire pressure they shouldnt even drive. lol

Hmm, maybe just do what these guys have done or place the sensors in the spare if getting new wheels/tires??

TPMS DIY bypass completed and tested with PICS. - Tundra Solutions Forum
Good find! It just sucks to have to dismount the tires to get the dumbass sensor out. I guess if this is works it will be an answer but I would rather just remove the stuff for good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.