Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to check out a 2012 2.0t Rspec tomorrow and I keep thinking is it worth the wait, extra money? I've been trying to track down a 2.0t m/t premium, but i'm having no luck in my area. So I would settle for the R-spec. I do like the updated interior of the 2013, but I really dislike the new front fascia. The performance numbers are nice too, but I'm never happy with the numbers on either. My goal would be drive it for a year or two and begin modding. I've seen many people rarely hit the 300 mark and that is a bit disappointing to me.

2012:
+could buy for a good deal
+i like the exterior design
-no cruise control
-no push start/remote

-more expensive(?)
-dislike the front end
+more power!
+interior redesign

Is there something else I am missing? Please help me decide GC owners!

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I would take the power upgrade. It is just too much to overlook if you are in the RWD coupe market.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i test drove the 2.0t today, it feels really slow. it pulls harder than my mazda3 2.3 n/a but not that much. the power band is really flat line up top. i hope the 2013 is better

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
It will be much better. 75 more horse and 8 speeds if you go automatic. I am excited for the 8 speed since it will most definitely help keep the car in the power band.

·
Registered
5 Posts
its better to buy when are ready.....if you want wait for the upgrade dont you get the same old idea about next upgrade 2014....this goes on......so when are you going to enjoy your ride??? just get it.... and when you find the next upgrade good get shifted to it...what say???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts