Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the other talked about cars that was supposed to come out in the next couple of years was the Toyota and Suburu RWD sport coupe collaboration, also known as Toyobaru or Subayota to some. It appears that Toyota and Fiji Heavy Industries (Subaru's parent company") will be delaying their joint venture project because of the downturn in the economy and their fear that releasing such a car now would doom it. This is in contrast to what Hyundai is doing with their Genesis Coupe as they are still scheduled to release the car to the U.S. in Spring of 2009. This is actually good news in my opinion for Hyundai as it means they can corner the market for 2-3 (or more) years before a competitor comes out with a similar RWD sport coupe.

Read the original article here:
Bloomberg.com: Japan

·
Registered
50 Posts
I knew that would happen. It seemed like for a while subaru/toyota, nissan, and hyundai were going to come out with new RWD coupes in the same segment and it would all go down next year. Well so far, hyundai is the only one coming through and im glad because the Genesis Coupe is hot, the toybaru is ugly and the next gen silvia is non existent. Good job, Hyundai for delivering what the people need!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew that would happen. It seemed like for a while subaru/toyota, nissan, and hyundai were going to come out with new RWD coupes in the same segment and it would all go down next year. Well so far, hyundai is the only one coming through and im glad because the Genesis Coupe is hot, the toybaru is ugly and the next gen silvia is non existent. Good job, Hyundai for delivering what the people need!
Not to mentioned those other cars probably would have cost quite a bit more $$. Also welcome to the site . Introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not surprised that they canceled it. I've always been a fan of Toyota and Subaru but recently they've really let me down. Its like they don't care about performance anymore. Subaru's pulled out of WRC and the new STi is fugly. I'm not saying my 04 STi is pretty but at least it still looks mean and aggressive.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not surprised that they canceled it. I've always been a fan of Toyota and Subaru but recently they've really let me down. Its like they don't care about performance anymore. Subaru's pulled out of WRC and the new STi is fugly. I'm not saying my 04 STi is pretty but at least it still looks mean and aggressive.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the new styling either. I think they needed to do something different but I just did didn't expect them to go so "tame" and what I think docile in the appearance.

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
I agree sabbasaun, this is a chance for Hyundai to exploit the monopoly they will have in this segment. The only FR economical 2+2 sports car.
Not to mention, the car is hot as hell.

I visit VW, Acura, BMW, & other forums as well & the general consensus is this car looks good. As good, if not better, than the G37, 350Z, RX8, BMW 1 series, & 3 series,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.