Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off if this is in the wrong area please move.
Had my 2012 3.8 Track M/T Coupe for about three weeks now..
I don't have a LOT of miles on it but I have been playing hard when and where I can..
Now for the issue I'm having...REAL or IMAGINED?
Let me preface this by stating that my other vehicles have "different stages" of traction control that the driver can choose from..on/off/and DISABLED. in the "off" positiion its still lurking in the background..and at certain points like EXRTREME LATERAL G's it will step in anbd shut you down by killing spark or enabling the ABS wheather you like it or not. In "DISABLED" it has no function.
I'm HOPING there is such a thing with my new Coupe...otherwise the term TRACK 3.8 is just a fancy term for 19 in wheels and Brembos.
The past two times I have driven it I have turned off the Traction Control with the switch to the left of the wheel..
HOWEVER when I take a sharp turn at speed SOMETHING is shutting me down and killing my fun...what a buzz-kill !
Is there anyway to completely turn off the system so I can whip this puppy around like I know it will do?
Let me state that I have used search and found nothing...and I DON'T HAVE my manaul with me at work.
Please help a new guy out and shed some light on this...
This puppy SHOULD handle like a slotcar but with this issue its not performing like what I THOUGHT a "Track model" should..
Thanks
Don

·
Registered
634 Posts
ummm, maybe there is something else going on but in our cars there is only on and off sir nothing in the middle. If you press the button to the left of the wheel on the dash and the little orange wheel marks come on the dash between your gauges you have it off and can do all the 360s your little heart desires.

·
Registered
11 Posts

i have a 2012 genesis 2.0T R-Spec and Ive never had that problem. Once i turn the track off its off. But!!!!! i did swap out my tires from the rotenzas to potenzas and when i tried to take a sharp corner the tires themselves griped harder and kicked me back end a tad. Now keep in mind my car is stock still, i haven't touched it yet. Try and see if when you turn it off and do 360's (6-10 times) at a higher RPM if it does not kick in your fine then your next step is look for softer rubber tires. Recommended Goodyear eagle GT i love to smokieee them cuz their softer and i get more fun out of them!!!!! (personal opinion) =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts