Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
STAGE1

OK guys, I can't take it no more! :aargh: I need MO POWA & have ordered alot of bolt-ons to help with this performance improvement. I will have 3 stages evolving over time regarding performance, just as there will be 3 stages to asthetics in my build. Stage1 asthetics is complete, although I will be adding minor asthetic improvements over the next few months (i.e ARK CF-x grille).

Performance

-Engine oil (Castrol 5W30 synthetic)
-Accumulator (AGP)
-Breather (AGP)
-Radiator & cap (Mishimito)
-Silicon radiator hoses (MODE)
-Smaller radiator overflow bottle (Honda CRX)
-160 degree Thermostat (GrimmSpeed) - not installed yet
-Water wetter (DEI) - not installed yet
-P&P w/ceramic coating turbo, intake & exhaust manifold (MAP)
-3" Downpipe without converter (CP-e)
-3" Single exit cat-back exhaust (ARK)
-SS 2x thick exhaust gaskets (Grimmspeed)
-Turbo Blanket (ProjectPTP)
-Exhaust heat wrap tape (DEI)
-Exhaust high temp paint (DEI)
-SS exhaust manifold heat shield (MAP) - removed/sold
-Cold Air Intake (CP-e)
-Big bore T-body (TVT design) - not installed yet
-Intake Manifold Thermal Barrier Gasket (Exceladyne) - not installed yet
-Dual stage MBC (TurboXS) - not installed yet
-Race FMIC & piping (Buschur) - not installed yet
-BOV (Synapse) - not installed yet
-BPV block off plate (Buschur) - not installed yet
-Modify/fabricate front crash bar - not completed yet
-Aftermarket Internal WGA (Forge) - not installed yet
-Aftermarket electronic boost control solenoid (GrimmSpeed)
-Semi-larger inectors for shelf tune from Beyond Redline for now (550cc DeatschWerks)
-1 range colder spark plugs (NGK) - not installed yet
-WOT box (N2NB)
-50 durometer engine mounts (CP-e) - not installed yet
-Smaller washer reservoir (WW universal)
-Aftermarket braided fuel feed & return lines (Exceladyne)
-Aftermarket fuel pressure regulator (Fuel Lab) - not installed yet
-Aftermarket inline fuel filter (Fuel Lab) - not installed yet
-Fuel rail fitting for return setup (AMS) - not installed yet
-Aftermarket oil cooler
-Aftermarket oil feed & return lines
-Aftermarket P/S cooler
-Mini battery (Braille)
-Shelf tune from Beyond Redline (PowerX) - not installed yet

BTW I will document each mod along the way with plenty of pics or video for the DIY section & will post a link in this thread in that particular part of the build.
Pics to follow once the parts arrive. As usual, I will provide details & a DIY for each install. I have decided to install each item one at a time & then drive for a while gettiing used to the new performance to see the benefits gained, paying close attention to wideband AFR readings. But, there will be no dyno until I install all the power parts & trailer the car in to be custom tuned most likely using a PowerX as tuning device. I'm hoping that Forge Performance out of Atlanta will become a PowerX vendor since they are a reputable tuning company & are relatively close to me. I had really hoped that RealTune would do my tuning, but they haven't moved to Carolina yet & are too far at this time. Maybe they will get to tune my Stage2 build :dunno: we'll see. I have decided against doing a baseline dyno pull since so many have already been done & the results are very close each time. So, I'm gonna cheap out & use an avg of the baseline pulls that have already been posted by members on both sites as my own to figure what kind of gains I get from the completed Stage1 mods.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
29 Posts
can i ask why the turboxs dual stage mbc? why not go ebc and hbe able to have multiple settings and adjustments from the driver seat? I cant wait to see all this stuff go on and see what you will be putting down!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Finally ready to up the power huh? If you needed some extra power all you had to do was lemme know and you coulda driven mine....hehe :D . Seriously tho, if you need an extra set of hands for anything just hit me up bro.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Finally ready to up the power huh? If you needed some extra power all you had to do was lemme know and you coulda driven mine....hehe :D . Seriously tho, if you need an extra set of hands for anything just hit me up bro.
"Extra power?" He's already been driving mine! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no offense... but this is worthless with out pics man haha this is such a huge tease!! cant wait to see it man
yeah, yeah I know boring w/o pics, but I don't want to be one of those guys that posts a pic everytime a part arrives. So, when all parts are here in the next couple of weeks, I will take a pic of all the parts together. Then post pics as I install them. ;)

Now that's a MOD List! Can't wait till you get it all done
Thanks & that is only the perfomance Stage1 part of my complete list. :rofl:

Upgrade the turbo & up the boost. Problem solved.
Big Boy turbo & mega-boost is coming, just not yet....babie steps LoL :jester:

can i ask why the turboxs dual stage mbc? why not go ebc and hbe able to have multiple settings and adjustments from the driver seat? I cant wait to see all this stuff go on and see what you will be putting down!
To be honest, when I purchased this dual MBC, I hadn't decided for sure if I wanted dual MBC or EBC, but my buddy Jarrod gave me a deal on this unit that I could not pass up. I may upgrade to EBC later down the road, but I'm starting with this & see how it goes. Once I set both stages, I hope there won't be that much adjusting to be done. But, this is my 1st turbo car & I'm still learning. :rofl:

Been ready to up the power since I traded the bimmer, but my driving instructors & members on the NASA boards said don't do it....that is will be to my benefit to keep the power low initially. But, I've been to 4 events & I can't wait any longer.:rolleye:

You know how I like to do most work by myself so I can take my time & triple check everything. But, if I get to the point I can't do something by myself, I will hit you &/or Michael up to give me a hand.

Thanks to both of you for offering on a regular basis though. :bow:

"Extra power?" He's already been driving mine! :rofl:
Sweetie, thanks for letting me drive you SantaFe while my car is down. But lets be honest, my poor little 4cyl makes your 6cyl look like a 2cyl. :rofl::eek:wned: But, thanks again for letting me driver her, because she gets mewhere I need to go w/o breaking down & that's what counts.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Stock Dyno Graphs on Dyno Dynamics Dynameter

I put my stock exhaust back on & turned the wastegate back to factory position Friday night so I would be ready. Early Saturday me & Kim got up, got ready, stopped for a biscuit & headed toward Atlanta. We were headed to Forged Performance in Marietta to meet with Shariff & the whole crew. I can honestly say they are a great bunch. They strapped my car on the Dyno Dynamics Dynameter & let me set up my video camera to record the session. I will eventually post the vids. My car showed a little lower #s than what I'm used to seeing from most other stock 2.0t GenCoupes. I believe that this is due to the type of dynameter that Forged uses or maybe all the beating that I've done on this car over the last 10k miles just wore her out...LoL :woah:

High Speed Air Fuel Ratio

Torque (ft/lbs)

Boost Pressure (psi)

After they got done & we drove 2 more hours back home, I didn't feel like doing much. But the next morning early Sunday, I had to get to work. I had a baseline, now it's time to start tearing her down to begin the modding. Here's some pics I took.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking good man, don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions! Resisting the urge for more power with a turbo car is futile, welcome to the dark side, haha!
Thanks buddy. Only issues so far have been with the stubborn turbo to downpipe studs/nuts & the turbo to exhaust manifold studs/nuts....what a PITA.

I resisted the urge for power as long as I could & only because I was advised to do so for the ease of learning to race. I'm not a seasoned race driver & only have four events under my belt, but couldn't take it anymore. I've had the car 8 months at the weak stock power level. Now lets see what we can gain from bolt-ons, then we will see what a tune will do. :evilgrin:

I'm hoping to attend 2 more events this year with the increased power & see how she does. :jump:

·
Registered
726 Posts
like i said on Gencoupe.. you asshole.. i would have gladly rode up for this..

Gawd!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some pics of new arrivals to be installed soon...

Here's a few pics of items I will be installing shortly, just waiting on some other parts to arrive 1st.

Buschur Race FMIC

ARK single exit CB

CP-e Hi-flow DP

CP-e 2.0t Intake

Exceladyne Twin Disc Clutch

Exceladyne IM thermal barrier gasket,
Grimmspeed EM, DP & turbo gaskets,
MODE silicon radiator hoses,
PTP turbo blanket & heat tape

TurboXL dual boost controller,
NGK 1 range colder spark plugs,
Synapse synchronic BOV,
Evo 600cc injectors,
N2NB WOT box

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 68 Posts