Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Dude
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this at another site and thought I would put it up.

I stumbled upon this tonight from someone with says they had access to a dealer press release.
Yes the offical is next Wed Feb 11- Chicago auto show but this could be correct . . .

2.0T ( 6 speed)- $19,700
- 2.0T (automatic) - $20907
- 2.0T Premium (6 speed)- $22,111
- 2.0T Premium (automatic) - $23317
- 2.0T Track (6-speed manual transmission only) - $24725
- 2.0T R-Spec (late availability, 6-speed manual transmission only) -

- 3.8 V6 (6 speed) - $26517
- 3.8 V6 (ZF auto) - $27963
- 3.8 Grand Touring - $28124
- 3.8 Track - $29569

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
So much for the cheapest 300hp coupe!! That is not cheap in my book. The Camaro V6 is 300hp and said to start at $23k. If Hyundai thinks they are in a place to move up market in pricing, I think they will have a rude awakening. Just because they went higher in price with the Sedan, which is WAY cheaper than other cars in that segment, does not justify this move with the Coupe that is more expensive than other cars in that segment. At 23-25 for the V6 I thought would be a good deal. At 27-28k you are now in V8 muscle car territory with a much more known brand. Kind of sad on this info.

The 2.0t pricing is very competitive, but again, I had a Cobalt SS down to 18500.00 and that has more power by far and world class handling. We will see what type of numbers the COUPE puts down but there is no way it will be is SS territory since it has at least 60hp less and way less torque.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well the topic says unofficial so hopefully it is. But if the prices do stay the way they are shown I still think it may be worth it or you could still spend 7-10 grand more for a g37. In my opinion performance numbers will really make me determine if its worth it or not. I currently drive a 2007 speed 6 and if its not running better numbers I would hate to go up in car payment for less performance. Thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
292 Posts
One other thing to look at is the base options. The base v6 camaro doesn't have power locks, mirrors, or windows. And it has very few interior amenities I'm sure the base v6 coupe will be much better equipped than that. I do agree that the v6 pricing does seem a little high.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
compared the prices i found for the KDM, those prices are ridonkulously high. i doubt hyundai's marking up their cars that much for the american market...
I guess we're just going to have to wait and see like everyone says.. i will be thoroughly disappointed though if the v6 base doesn't come in at 23,000. It would be like Hyundai not keeping their word. It doesn't effect me that much as I'm getting the 2.0t but still...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
So much for the cheapest 300hp coupe!! That is not cheap in my book. The Camaro V6 is 300hp and said to start at $23k. If Hyundai thinks they are in a place to move up market in pricing, I think they will have a rude awakening. Just because they went higher in price with the Sedan, which is WAY cheaper than other cars in that segment, does not justify this move with the Coupe that is more expensive than other cars in that segment. At 23-25 for the V6 I thought would be a good deal. At 27-28k you are now in V8 muscle car territory with a much more known brand. Kind of sad on this info.

The 2.0t pricing is very competitive, but again, I had a Cobalt SS down to 18500.00 and that has more power by far and world class handling. We will see what type of numbers the COUPE puts down but there is no way it will be is SS territory since it has at least 60hp less and way less torque.
hmm hope those are not really official or im going to have to buy a used G35 instead
Performance wise the Cobalt may be a competitor, but that's where it ends. This car will be way more refined, a hell of alot roomier, & come with a lot of standard features that are not even options on the Cobalt (Neon). Not to mention looks way better as a coupe. Not in the same league IMO.

Muscle cars of today (Challenger & Camaro), a little better comparo, but still way more refined than those as well, will also come with a lot more options standard, but at least they look ok, are RWD, 2 doors, & have multi-link rear suspension. Noticed I left out the Mustang, because no multi-link & it takes 8 cylinders to do what these guys are doing with 6.

I agree the V6 prices sounds WAY too high... "The most affordable 300hp RWD car" was what Hyundai was saying... What gives? I guess we will have to wait.
I agree that these prices are higher than what we've discussed on most forums & if Hyundai wants to sell a # of these things here in the states, they will not follow this guide line. They did promise to produce the most affordable 300Hp auto. In order to do that, they have to under cut the Camaro at $23k. In order to do that, I believe they will offer a stripped down version of the 3.8L at $22,500, or at least stripped down for them. They always offer so many amenities as standard features, that this probably still will not feel stripped down to the avg consumer

One other thing to look at is the base options. The base v6 camaro doesn't have power locks, mirrors, or windows. And it has very few interior amenities I'm sure the base v6 coupe will be much better equipped than that. I do agree that the v6 pricing does seem a little high.
+1.....see above statements..

compared the prices i found for the KDM, those prices are ridonkulously high. i doubt hyundai's marking up their cars that much for the american market...
+1.......The American economy is worst of all the world right now, so Hyundai won't be looking to highball us, but just the opposite. My biggest fear is that Hyundai will sell these things so cheap, that every body & their brother will have one. I kinda like the idea of exclusivity. Guess I'll just have to really trick it out, so that it stands out...LoL

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
555 Posts
IMHO, there's no comparing a Chevrolet to a Hyundai anymore. I would not own a Camaro, I don't care how cheap it is, because GM cars are crap. The interiors are cheap plastic, the base model Camaro will be totally stripped down, and GM's "100,000 mile warranty" is NOTHING like Hyundai's. GM knows their powertrains suck, and they only warranty them to 50k miles. And if I remember right, it's 5 yrs/100k miles, not 10 years.

Why would you even bother to spend $24k on a car just because it has 300 hp, only for it to be falling apart within three years? Not me. I'd much rather spend a little more on a base model V6 Coupe that WON'T be stripped down, comes with a much better warranty, is made of better materials and won't be falling apart before you finish paying for it.

You have to look at which one is the better product, not which one is the cheapest. You get what you pay for.

There's a reason GM's on the brink of bankruptcy...

·
Registered
14 Posts
You guys realize you can get these way under book right? They don't flex much on the G37 because people who go to infiniti dealers don't worry about money. You can probably get a base 2.0 for 18k out the door T/T/R. Not to mention if your credit is good you're looking at 1.9% APR or better. High Yield savings accounts are almost at 3% right now so take your downpayment and throw it in the bank and make money instead of losing it. These prices are spectacular considering the R&D that went into making these cars the quality that they are

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
You guys realize you can get these way under book right? They don't flex much on the G37 because people who go to infiniti dealers don't worry about money. You can probably get a base 2.0 for 18k out the door T/T/R. Not to mention if your credit is good you're looking at 1.9% APR or better. High Yield savings accounts are almost at 3% right now so take your downpayment and throw it in the bank and make money instead of losing it. These prices are spectacular considering the R&D that went into making these cars the quality that they are
I definitely realized that.

I dont think some do. Great point to bring up!

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Same for any car mentioned as far as getting them under sticker or invoice. Also, don't write off the Camaro. The interior is very nice and I have been in both the Camaro and the Coupe and sorry to say but the Camaro interior is better. I do have my muscle car background that dies hard though. I will not be buying a Camaro but was only pointing out that it will be a more known vehicle and will be competition. Not that it really matters, but all the new GM products have much improved interiors. Feature for feature on the base cars, the COUPE will have more luxury but then again that all adds more weight if your thing is track and racing usage.

Tufast, I agree the Cobalt is a little sh*t box, but it does perform and does have direct injection with turbo. It does lap faster than the Evo. The 2.0 COUPE will not be able to do that, it is too heavy and not enough power. I realize the Cobalt is only FWD and that does hurt it. It also has no lift shift which is actually a pretty nice feature. I do not think the Cobalt is in competition here, but for the target market, which I believe will be the 20 somethings, it will get cross shopped and compared. You can also get factory stage kits that can take it to near 300hp and still be under warranty. The COUPE looks way better and the Coupe interior is miles ahead of the Cobalt which is rental car grade at best.

The Mustang will soon be powered by a turbo direct injection V6 motor in the near future. Possibly twin turbo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvKSyk0z64[/ame]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
it looks alright but i think i like the gen interior better
+1.....
The Camaro's interior is way better than what they used to offer just a short time ago, but no better than the Challenger's interior IMO. I work next door to a Chrysler/Dodge store & have had ample opportunity to sit in & be around those "muscle car" interiors & I'm not impressed, although like I said above they are much better than they used to be.

The bigger problem I have with American car interiors on avg is that after 2-3 years they look worn out & falling apart from just normal wear & tear. Not to mention all the rattles & loose panels flailing about. Hyundai's used to be that way too til about 4yrs ago. But, they made the necessary changes & improved on their interiors by leaps & bounds.

In case your wondering where I get the credability to compare the differences in Hyundai vs American products, It's because I see all different cars day in day out because they are all traded in on a regular basis & we have to PDI the used cars prior to putting them back on the lot. So, I get to sit in them, drive them a little, get an inspection list back from my techs, etc. Oh & that PDI inspection is usually 3-4 times as long regarding problems found for an American car of similar age & mileage as a Hyundai. Not always the case, because some people abuse their cars & some really take care of them, but on avg.

Although it may sound like I'm trying to convince others to purchase the GenCoupe over the Camaro, that's not the case. I'm just expressing my opinion & my little bit of useful knowledge/perception I've gained over the years. IMO the Camaro is a hell of a value & it's about time, but I believe the Hyundai in the end with all that the company offers along with their product & the refinement of the product itself, will just be the overall better value. IMO

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.