Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Video: 2010 hyundai genesis coupe HIDs fogs

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Swacer 
#1 ·
Video: 2010 hyundai genesis coupe HIDs fogs

Installed HIDs in the fog lights.....next is headlights

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-SSRR8MOUk]YouTube - 2010 hyundai genesis coupe HIDs fogs[/ame]

#4 ·
Yeah, but you could go with bright white projection fogs. I got them in my bimmer & they match the Xenon HIDs perfectly. I then added 5000K bright white highbeams & AngelBright angel eyes. All matches pretty good now.

#7 ·
I intend to replace the halogen brights with an HID upgrade to match Xenon's already equipped but I haven't decided on the fogs. That looked pretty sweet and the setup Tufast has on the BMW was a sick upgrade so I may be checking into this too.

#8 ·
I'd be interested in HID fogs for the symmetry with the OE headlamps. The few times I've actually encountered fog (usually when traveling), the fog lights I had didn't do shit, so I'm not concerned about degraded performance. This would just be an aesthetic upgrade.

#9 ·
The HID matching bulbs I got for the brights on the BMW were only about $20/pr & look good, but have a slight blue tint when off. The projection fogs are just as bright, but don't have the blue shimmer when off. When I ordered new projection bulbs for the fogs, the salesman asked if I'd rather switch the Mtech fogs over to true HIDs since they had a kit designed for those fog lamps that ran about $50, but I decided to stick with the projections, rather than chance blinding someone.

#11 ·
Most all factory vehicles do not allow fogs to be ran with brights for good reason. Bright lights actually don't make it easier to see during foggy conditions. They creat a glare, even though it may seem it should be easier to see. Therefore the fogs only come on with the low beams. I would only recommend running low beams & fogs during foggy conditions. But, if you are intent on doing this mod check out Day Dreamer's DIY on the fog lamp wiring mod to see if it help give you any ideas.

#12 ·
Actually I believe it is because there can only be a maximum of 4 lights on from the front per DOT, and in Illinois the fog lamps cannot be on when the high beam are for some reason.

I quite aware of the proper lighting to use in fog. But on my deserted rural roads at night I'll take all the light I can get.

How about a high beam upgrade with a higher wattage bulb?

#13 · (Edited)
Don't the low beams cut out when the high beams come on?

I've got brighter 5k highbeams on my BMW that were designed for it by an aftermarket company (EAS - European Auto Sport). I also put bright projection fogs in as well. They all match my HIDs pretty good, considering the other sets of bulbs are not HIDs.

#15 ·
hey if u install hid on fog housing, wouldnt it melt it due to higher temp of hids? just need more info so i can do it too. How did you overcome the heat problem? thats the big thing because actual installation seems pretty easy. also doesnt hid fog lights blind the opposing traffic? or can you adjust so its wont flash all over the opposing traffic?

#18 ·
Calvert, check your private messages

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.