Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Dude
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Genesis coupe custom exhaust backfires

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwI1kiQQ6_M]YouTube - Genesis coupe custom exhaust backfires[/ame]

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
As you can see from the sign board.................Arabic words must be in Dubai or something with highest octane gas.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It's a V6, not a 4 cyl, and the guy that owns that car is from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

·
Registered
555 Posts
In his post describing his exhaust work, this is what he says:

"stock headers with the cats--> X-pipe--> no silencers-no cats-->mufflers"

It's 3" stainless steel.

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you want to throw flames just remove all the cats, turbo cars will do it even easier especially if they vent to the atmosphere, i get a pop every now and then when i lift off from a hard run.

·
Registered
224 Posts
:wtf:

·
Registered
79 Posts
if you want to throw flames just remove all the cats, turbo cars will do it even easier especially if they vent to the atmosphere, i get a pop every now and then when i lift off from a hard run.
Yea, thats why I assumed it was a turbo... its more likely that they will do it since the turbo is forcing the engine to work harder... the reasoning/way it occurs is the same though...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yea, thats why I assumed it was a turbo... its more likely that they will do it since the turbo is forcing the engine to work harder... the reasoning/way it occurs is the same though...
Actually all it is unburnt fuel in the exhaust being ignited. N/A can do this, I say turbo cars do it easier if they vent is because on some turbocharged cars are AFM based, some speed density cars do this too. when the bov vents the air the afm read is lost creating a rich condition in the engine for a split second sometimes resulting is the unburnt fuel being ignited. This will kill off the cat real quick so running a test pipe is a good idea.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Actually all it is unburnt fuel in the exhaust being ignited. N/A can do this, I say turbo cars do it easier if they vent is because on some turbocharged cars are AFM based, some speed density cars do this too. when the bov vents the air the afm read is lost creating a rich condition in the engine for a split second sometimes resulting is the unburnt fuel being ignited. This will kill off the cat real quick so running a test pipe is a good idea.
Yea, thats what I said in my post earlier on the first page ;-)... I know N/A cars can do this, but its more prevalent and easier to do in a turbo car thats why I assumed the car in the video was a turbo... but after seeing the full exhaust it has, with no cats to hinder the flames, AND high octane fuel, it makes sense...

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts