Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any members have a list of Hyundai certified technicians at each dealership ? I am in Southern California and want to find a service department with Platinum certified technicians.

Can any one recommend a dealer with a great service department ?

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Try using Hyundai's Consumer Page or call

Any members have a list of Hyundai certified technicians at each dealership ? I am in Southern California and want to find a service department with Platinum certified technicians.

Can any one recommend a dealer with a great service department ?
This is probably not what you were looking for but you can try using Hyundais Dealer search or you can try calling Hyundai's Consumer line. They may be able to help you out.

Hyundai Consumer Contact Page with Dealer Locating Link:
Hyundai Motor America - contact us

Hyundai Motor America
P.O. Box 20850
Fountain Valley, CA 92728-0850

800-633-5151

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a local dealership that was highly rated for service on Edmunds.com. I contacted the service advisor (Richard) who was recommended in the review. He explained that the service department had two platinum certified Hyundai technicians. One tech just completed a three day training program on the Hyundai Coupe, and the second tech will take the same program in a week.

One of the dealers sales staff bought a v6 Genesis sedan and is raving about how much he likes the car. The service department has not seen any repair or service problems for the Genesis.

I am e-mailing a sales person at this dealership who is helpful and will let me know when I can test drive a V6 Coupe.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I found a local dealership that was highly rated for service on Edmunds.com. I contacted the service advisor (Richard) who was recommended in the review. He explained that the service department had two platinum certified Hyundai technicians. One tech just completed a three day training program on the Hyundai Coupe, and the second tech will take the same program in a week.

One of the dealers sales staff bought a v6 Genesis sedan and is raving about how much he likes the car. The service department has not seen any repair or service problems for the Genesis.

I am e-mailing a sales person at this dealership who is helpful and will let me know when I can test drive a V6 Coupe.
Thanks for the update Vjkaty! From everything I have been reading and watching the Genesis Sedan is a really good car at a great price. My brother and I where talking about it yesterday and he was considering this car possibly for his wife. Now that's saying something as their other car purchase considerations is an Acura TL or RL. I've mentioned ths before but you will absolutely love the Coupe. When I got to ride in one last week I was amazed at the smooth v6 engine and the handling was pretty good for a proto-type.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everyone knows that Hyundai is selling this car as a "tuner-friendly" car. My question is does anyone know what the policy is going to be with the warranty regarding modification; are there going to be any changes to the voiding of the warranty due to modification?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Warranty can not be voided just due to modifications

Everyone knows that Hyundai is selling this car as a "tuner-friendly" car. My question is does anyone know what the policy is going to be with the warranty regarding modification; are there going to be any changes to the voiding of the warranty due to modification?
I agree, Hyundai is marketing this car as a tuner car. That can work in our favor. But to your point, Mods in itself can not void a whole warranty, they can only deny a warranty claim. However the manufacture has to prove that the modification was the cause of a failure. For example, if you get a new hi-flow intake and your ABS takes a crap, they can't come to you and say, "Hey you modified your intake, so your warranty is void and we're not going to fix your brakes." This would be in contrast to someone slapping on some Nitrous oxide and trying to get 1000HP and in the end cracking the block in half. These provisions are specifically covered under the Magnuson-Moss federal act but it can be upto interpretations per the dealership. What I would suggest is find a "tuner-friendly" dealership and goto them for warranty work. With my WRX I've had to do the same thing and once had a whole engine block rebuilt by the dealer. In my situation I was running more than stock boost levels but faulty injectors caused my engine to run extremely lean. End result was a blown motor but I talked to the right people and was taken care of.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I agree, Hyundai is marketing this car as a tuner car. That can work in our favor. But to your point, Mods in itself can not void a whole warranty, they can only deny a warranty claim. However the manufacture has to prove that the modification was the cause of a failure. For example, if you get a new hi-flow intake and your ABS takes a crap, they can't come to you and say, "Hey you modified your intake, so your warranty is void and we're not going to fix your brakes." This would be in contrast to someone slapping on some Nitrous oxide and trying to get 1000HP and in the end cracking the block in half. These provisions are specifically covered under the Magnuson-Moss federal act but it can be upto interpretations per the dealership. What I would suggest is find a "tuner-friendly" dealership and goto them for warranty work. With my WRX I've had to do the same thing and once had a whole engine block rebuilt by the dealer. In my situation I was running more than stock boost levels but faulty injectors caused my engine to run extremely lean. End result was a blown motor but I talked to the right people and was taken care of.
Wizzy, you are right, I work as a service advisor for a Hyundai dealership & have for the past 10yrs. We will repair any claim under warranty, unless its due to an accident, lack of maintainance, improper maintainance, or a modifiaction that has directly resulted in the failure.;) Your are also correct in that interpretation is different from dealership to dealership & if you get a prick for a service advisor or service manager, the chance of it being covered is less likely. I would not say our dealership is tuner friendly, but we are not bias one way or the other. Just keep in mind modifications car have consequences, I know this already & I'm still going to modify the bejesus out of my GenCoupe & deal with consequences if there are any.
Final note, adding a dealership review section is an excellent idea. I feel I do a pretty good job, but alot of customers complain of other dealerships not too far away. I wish it was not so, but hopefully that will change in time, especially if they see that dealership personel is Hyundai's weak link.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wizzy, you are right, I work as a service advisor for a Hyundai dealership & have for the past 10yrs. We will repair any claim under warranty, unless its due to an accident, lack of maintainance, improper maintainance, or a modifiaction that has directly resulted in the failure.;) Your are also correct in that interpretation is different from dealership to dealership & if you get a prick for a service advisor or service manager, the chance of it being covered is less likely. I would not say our dealership is tuner friendly, but we are not bias one way or the other. Just keep in mind modifications car have consequences, I know this already & I'm still going to modify the bejesus out of my GenCoupe & deal with consequences if there are any.
Final note, adding a dealership review section is an excellent idea. I feel I do a pretty good job, but alot of customers complain of other dealerships not too far away. I wish it was not so, but hopefully that will change in time, especially if they see that dealership personel is Hyundai's weak link.
THIS!
As a dealer or warranty repair facitliy you cannot deny a warranty claim unless the failure is a direct, and provable result, of something outside of normal warranty circumstances. its warranty unless proven other wise. Likes being innocent until proven guilty. Any dealer telling you otherwise is lieing and should not be trusted

TONYHYUNDAI.COM

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
THIS!
As a dealer or warranty repair facitliy you cannot deny a warranty claim unless the failure is a direct, and provable result, of something outside of normal warranty circumstances. its warranty unless proven other wise. Likes being innocent until proven guilty. Any dealer telling you otherwise is lieing and should not be trusted

TONYHYUNDAI.COM
Like I said...........:rolleye:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.