Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my name is Dan and im from central new york. i currently own a gt30'd 2.5rs and im looking for a nice summer car. i never thought hyundai would be on my list but im quite impressed so far. its either a sports car or luxury car that im deciding between. the genesis and the 370z are both really good choices but for the money, the genesis is ahead. more money for mods :) well heres some kinda old pics of my car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! I love those old scoobys. What kind of power does it make? That's the same turbo I have on my DSM and at 20psi I'm making just over 300. Welcome to the madness!
well, i dont know the exact power but the company that makes the kit said it would give me 80-100 horse and 2 seconds faster in the quarter. i ran about 2.1-2.2 seconds faster in the quarter so roughly 265 at the motor. damn awd drivetrain loss. :aargh:

Welcome aboard Dan, nice ride.
thanks man.

Hey Dan, nice ride and welcome to the site! Post some engine shots if you got any
thank you. unfortunately central new york isnt the greatest place to have a nice car year round so my engine bay usually stays closed but i'll snap some pics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice 2.5 rs! those are my fav subarus, they just never had the right engine, which you solved that prob. anyway, welcome and enjoy!
nope, still have the stock engine. lol. i have a sti shortblock waiting to go in it. im just making sure i have everything (clutch, gaskets, valvesprings, ect) and hopefully a new tranny before i throw it in.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
well, i dont know the exact power but the company that makes the kit said it would give me 80-100 horse and 2 seconds faster in the quarter. i ran about 2.1-2.2 seconds faster in the quarter so roughly 265 at the motor. damn awd drivetrain loss. :aargh:
thank you. unfortunately central new york isnt the greatest place to have a nice car year round so my engine bay usually stays closed but i'll snap some pics.[/QUOTE]

That pretty good IMO, it's probably still very fun to drive .. yeah dont show your stuff to take pics, it may not be there later.. no rush , take them when you got time and in a good spot. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you. unfortunately central new york isnt the greatest place to have a nice car year round so my engine bay usually stays closed but i'll snap some pics.
That pretty good IMO, it's probably still very fun to drive .. yeah dont show your stuff to take pics, it may not be there later.. no rush , take them when you got time and in a good spot. :)[/QUOTE]

lol. i wasnt saying it would disappear, i just dont like taking pics of it because with the amount of snow we get they throw salt down all the time to try and melt it so my engine bay is all corroded and nasty looking. thats why i dont like taking pics of it or even popping the hood. it kills me every time i look at it. if you want a nice car here you can only drive it in the summer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
salt on the roads? ouch sodium is a killer!! good luck with that swap! that'll be fun, you doin yourself or shop?
its kind of up in the air if im going to do it myself or not. ive had the motor for like 2 years now, so its hard to find the time with work and stuff. it doesnt help that its my only car either. lol. who knows, i might even sell everything off of it and throw the gt30r on the genesis. :bow:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.