Silverstone
3.8 Track
6MT
Invoice +1% +TTL
Insurance - Less than the Tiburon :dunno:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Black Genesis Coupe, 2.0T Track Edition. Paid 26k for it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
2.0T base, 6 speed

25000$ CDN
insurance 542$ / year
Holy shit, where do you live to get insurance that cheap?! Screw Manitoba, this thing is $1800/y here.

·
Registered
223 Posts
3.8 Base 6-Speed Auto
Karussell White
$29K out the door
$450/6month

·
Registered
458 Posts
I live in Québec. I'm 52 years old, clean record, may explain difference.

that would likely help but it has more to do with the fact that insurance is private in Quebec, where in Manitoba, MPI is the only game in town and it is owned by the government. For that reason we don't get a whole lot of option for coverage.
On the other note, we get certain benifits that don't come with private insurance. One of the most notable is that every citizen of manitoba automatically gets coverage like medical bills paid even if you don't own a car (passenger or pedestrian hurt in collision for exampte). Also we have protection from being sued. No one in manitoba has the right to sue another driver for an accident, not matter who's fault it is. The reason for this is MPI pays out everyone, so if you were to sue someone with MPI insurance, you are effectively suing your own insurer.

In any case, there is no way that insurance on a GenCoupe would be that cheap in Manitoba. No matter how old you are or how good your driving record is.

·
Registered
48 Posts
that would likely help but it has more to do with the fact that insurance is private in Quebec, where in Manitoba, MPI is the only game in town and it is owned by the government. For that reason we don't get a whole lot of option for coverage.
On the other note, we get certain benifits that don't come with private insurance. One of the most notable is that every citizen of manitoba automatically gets coverage like medical bills paid even if you don't own a car (passenger or pedestrian hurt in collision for exampte). Also we have protection from being sued. No one in manitoba has the right to sue another driver for an accident, not matter who's fault it is. The reason for this is MPI pays out everyone, so if you were to sue someone with MPI insurance, you are effectively suing your own insurer.

In any case, there is no way that insurance on a GenCoupe would be that cheap in Manitoba. No matter how old you are or how good your driving record is.

We have more or less the same system. the medical bills are paid by the SAAQ (provincial gouvernment) Any body involved in an car accident is covered and fees are paid with our licence and car registration.
For the sheet metal damage, we ha "nofault" so we can't sue the other party

·
Registered
21 Posts
Base 2.0T AT
Silverstone
$22,700
Insurance unknown. My wife works for an insurer so she handles it. I don't even want to know!

·
Mini Speeder
212 Posts
Trim level: base
Engine size & transmission: 3.8 a/t
Color: nord gray
Price: on lease
Insurance: unknown?

2010 Coupe, White, GT, Auto, 29,500, V6, Insurance $91
i wanted a 3.8 g/t a/t in white, silver, or gray but apparently, none was available within the state of california.
i cried when i signed the lease papers.
does that make me a crybaby?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Trim Level: Grand Touring
Engine size & Transmission: 3.8L M/T
Color: Bathurst Black
Price: ~$30k
Insurance: Full coverage

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The wife wanted one after driving mine a few times. She took the auto I got a track... His and Hers GC's seemed like a good idea to me. She's keeping the exhaust though :(

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Trim Level: Track
Engine size & Transmission: 3.8L A/T
Color: Bathurst Black
Price: Lease ($29,500)
Insurance: 1K annual

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wife’s car: