Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

What is your Genesis (Sedan/Coupe) going to replace?

8K views 74 replies 50 participants last post by  grayfox2 
#1 ·
So you know you want to get a Genesis Sedan or Genesis Coupe. Will you be trading in or selling an existing ride? Or are you made of $$ and can afford two car payments and two insurance payments? :) As for myself I will be getting rid of two vehicles. I have two trucks that I don't need any more, a 2001 Chevy S-10 Extended cab 4x4 and my 2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4x4. I love my trucks but I got tired of getting raped at the pumps back when gas was $4.50 a gallon and my trucks at BEST were only getting about 16-18mpg. Gas is much cheaper now but I know it will eventually go back up. I don't have a real need for a trucks anyways other than I wanted something that was all wheel drive. That is now handled by my wife's AWD Sienna van and we'll just take that to the mountains or beach. So anyways both my trucks are for sale and I'm gonna replace them with the Genesis Coupe. All my cars are paid off so I should have a nice down payment when it comes time to buy a GCoupe.

What about you guys?

#3 ·
I'm paying off the bimmer 1st, which will take 2 more years, giving Hyundai enough time to release the R-Spec version & direct injection I hope. Also, that keeps me from having 2 car payments. Yet, I get the choice of driving a 4dr or 2dr once I buy the GenCoupe.

I'm also keeping the Jeep, I'll sell everything I own before I let go of my Wrangler, but I'm going to sell the 65' Mustang. I just don't see me ever getting around to restoring it, I just got too many projects & they cost so much.

I'm not trading anything because dealerships won't give you anything for your trade. I will be putting down a large down payment though, unless I decide to pay cash. I've been saving a while & still got 2 more years to save...The upside of waiting for my GenCoupe...:rofl:

#5 ·
just picking up the coupe as a shop car. I have an '02 Axiom that is a money pit to say the least. I owe on it and will either pay it off and ditch it or keep both payments until the winter then ditch it. Either way, I'm leaning towards picking up a Tundra as a tow vehicle if the business works out at the end of the year for the '10 race season. The axiom will pull tow duty this season. Haven't decided yet on how i want to get the tundra but im leaning towards a lease since i'd hardly use it (besides race weekends).....

#13 ·
I'll probably sell it for around $13-14,000 depending if I do any mods to it. I'm think'n about adding an aftermarket exhaust and CAI. It is an '04 Crew Cab, 305 hp, v8 4x4 with about 44,000 miles. Never took it off roading or even towed anything with it. Pretty fast for a stock 5,000+ lb truck, i took it to the drag strip one day for fun and ran a 15.3 in the 1/4 mile. I've got some pics of it I'll post up in the for sale section.

#15 ·
I got my 2.0 from my uncle. He bought it in 1995. Most of the miles on it is highway miles back and forth from NY to montreal. Only has 86,000 miles on it. Mostly because it's been sitting in the driveway for about five years. It runs great and it hasn't let me down yet but I just want something new and you can't go wrong with the coupe

#21 ·
Yeah its pretty fun but I want a rear wheel drive now and I wanna go na now and later on if I wanna turbo or supercharge ill do it to the 3.8 liter. Its still not to late to turbo the minivan.

#22 ·
Yeah its pretty fun but I want a rear wheel drive now and I wanna go na now and later on if I wanna turbo or supercharge ill do it to the 3.8 liter. Its still not to late to turbo the minivan.
Funny we used to own a couple of Dodge minivans and I have followed the Ford and Dodge turbo cars since the late 80s. It was funny to see Gus Mahon (RIP) pioneer the turbo minivan drag racing "scene". Nothing funnier than seeing a minivan blow away some very fast RWD cars.

#28 ·
getting rid of my 07 mini cooper.
gahh...what a toy.
i loved parking with that thing. especially between the SUV and the truck that parked in a COMPACT parking spot.
idiots, SUVs and trucks ARENT COMPACTSSSSSS jdas;lkdjfalsdj;salk
anyhow, it's not like i hated my cooper. it just had too much problems. i probably should have used the lemon law or something. the car was brand new (twentyish miles on it when i got it) but i took it in for service about 8 times now within a year and a half. i love how the transmission mounts came loose and the sway bar bushings were damaged (from the start??). and it's still making weird noises. thank god for the bmw warranty service (crevier mini gives you flowers everytime you go in for service!!!! :D)

#31 ·
Coming from the bottom of the barrel so to speak... currently driving a 2008 Accent, but I have someone who is going to buy it from me. I will then be purchasing a Mirabeau Blue 3.8 with the Track package and the 6 speed manual. No indecision here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.