1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
96 Posts
well cant put tp the pics now but i have an olympus tough 8000 and a Sony A300 with telephoto lens, automated zone light finding flash and a short medium and long range lens.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
My compact camera that I use to take in to places and for quick shots I have a Sony DSC-T200.

My other camera is a DSLR and not so convenient to haul around. That one is a Sony a300 w/ 17-75mm lens and a 75-300mm lens.

Both are great choices IMO.

favirate pics.
Is that french? Kind of like FAVORITE but for Pirates?

:rofl:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
My compact camera that I use to take in to places and for quick shots I have a Sony DSC-T200.

My other camera is a DSLR and not so convenient to haul around. That one is a Sony a300 w/ 17-75mm lens and a 75-300mm lens.

AAARG!! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I am by myself here at work & that made me laugh out loud hard....:rofl:

NO proof reading on that one eh. :eek:wned:

fixed...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
451 Posts
As mentioned in my other thread, I just recently picked up a Nikon D90, with it I picked up a 50mm and a 18-105mm lense. So far I am very very impressed. I love taking shots of just the most random things and seeing what kind of effects I can do with manual focus. :)

My favorite pics so far as the ones i posted in my other thread.
Here they are again.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have a Canon Rebel xsi with a 28-70mm lens and a 70-300mm lens. Here is a few of my photos some of which you may have seen before

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm a Nikon guy: currently a Nikon D70s with an assortment of cheaper (but excellent, and occasionally older) lenses. I'm seriously considering upgrading to a D300, however. Can't swing the D700, unfortunately.

I'm a big fan of HDR processing, for one thing, and it takes a special touch to get that right (I'm not sure I have that touch, but I like to practice) And while that's pretty new school, I live by gradual filters, and filters in general. I'll do as much of the work on the camera as I can with filters and then just touch-up with photoshop, rather than create the image there.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I currently use a Nikon D40. My lens I use cost more than the camera body but that's ok, it was worth it, a Nikon 18-200mm VR. It's a great all-in one lens and takes great model shots ;) :

Heh, the one thing I've always been told is the glass will always cost you more than the body, a lot more.

I'm personally looking for a 10-20mm (maybe the Sigma) for car shows and landscapes. 18-200mm is a hell of a spread, how've you found it? I'm considering selling my 18-70mm and trading it for the new(er) 18-135mm.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cannon Rebel XTI using a 17-85 IS lens... Also have a 70-300.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I currently use a Nikon D40. My lens I use cost more than the camera body but that's ok, it was worth it, a Nikon 18-200mm VR. It's a great all-in one lens and takes great model shots ;) :

Heh, the one thing I've always been told is the glass will always cost you more than the body, a lot more.

I'm personally looking for a 10-20mm (maybe the Sigma) for car shows and landscapes. 18-200mm is a hell of a spread, how've you found it? I'm considering selling my 18-70mm and trading it for the new(er) 18-135mm.

Yeah the Nikkor 18-200 VR is quite a spread. I first learned about it from Ken Rockwell, he's got a photo blog site and does reviews of cams (Nikon 18-200mm). It took me forever to find anyone who had the lens. I had my name on waiting lists at just about every photo shop in Western Washington and also parts of Oregon, finally got one a few weeks later and $750 later I had my dream lens.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah the Nikkor 18-200 VR is quite a spread. I first learned about it from Ken Rockwell, he's got a photo blog site and does reviews of cams (Nikon 18-200mm). [/quote]

Nice. Rockwell was instrumental in my decision to shell out the extra money for the D70s w/18-70 over the Canon Rebel w/18-55 at the time.

It took me forever to find anyone who had the lens. I had my name on waiting lists at just about every photo shop in Western Washington and also parts of Oregon, finally got one a few weeks later and $750 later I had my dream lens.[/QUOTE]

I'd heard that when they hit the market they were tough to find. It's probably only going to get worse as dSLR's get cheaper and more people want a wide range lens.

Personally, I'm still a big fan of a prime lens and the two-foot zoom. (put one foot down, put the second foot in front of it, continue until you've framed the shot you want)!

·
Registered
76 Posts
All you Nikon guys geez.....I KIDD I KIDD I shoot with a Canon 50D with the Nifty Fifty lens 1.8F I love it. I also use a Sigma 17-70mm wide angle lens that a shop owner I shoot for owns.

PICS:

Shot with the Nifty Fifty

The rest Sigma

Bud of mine's FD replacing sequential set-up for a single .88 a/r turbo!!

Shop I shoot for and the owners bug eye STi

Shop specializes in COBB tuning and of course AWD vehicles!! STi's and Evo's

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a Nikon D40, with a Nikkor 50mm F1.8 and a Sigma 18-50 F2.8 HMS, for a flash I am working with a SB-600 and a Gary Fong defuser.

The one big gripe I have about the D40 is that it does not autofocus lenses, you need a built in motor like the nikkor AF-S .
so I have to auto focus you 50MM which can be a pain!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Everyone knows the joy of the 50mm f1.8

Seriously: looks like everyone with a dSLR, Canon or Nikon, knows the awesomess of the the bokeh master, the 50mm f/1.8!

I forgot my lenses earlier so:

Nikkor 18-70mm DX f3.5-f5.6
Lensbaby 1.0
Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5
Sankyo 2.0-3.0x tele-converter
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Nikon SB-600 speedlight

Various and sundry tripods and improvised studio and travel lighting. I may be cheap, but I'm creative!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts