Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once the rubber wears out on your factory tires, what are you going to run?

Personally, I really like Michilin & the ZR Pilot Sports I've been running on the bimmer do pretty damn good for all around. I don't have to worry about snow, but they do fine in the rain. I think I would like to try a set of Cupps on the GenCoupe once the factory Bridgestones wear out, just not sure if I wanna pay that kind of price for 19"s LoL. I know I'll have to have a extra set of rear wheels & tires for the dragstrip though.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Once the rubber wears out on your factory tires, what are you going to run?

Personally, I really like Michilin & the ZR Pilot Sports I've been running on the bimmer do pretty damn good for all around. I don't have to worry about snow, but they do fine in the rain. I think I would like to try a set of Cupps on the GenCoupe once the factory Bridgestones wear out, just not sure if I wanna pay that kind of price for 19"s LoL. I know I'll have to have a extra set of rear wheels & tires for the dragstrip though.

Any thoughts?
If it didn't rain here 9 months out of the year here I'd get some good performance only tires unfortuantely I'll probably end up getting some all season performance.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sumitomo HTR Z III. A few people I know run them on their EVOs, and they seem to like them. So that's what I plan on going with. I also might downsize the size of the wheel to a 17x9 or so if it'll clear the brakes. I kinda like the look of having a little bit of sidewall.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've used Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 and love them, so I might go with these again. Excellent wet and dry performance.
Per tirerack, the Michilen Pilot Sport PS2 did better in the Max Performance summer category but the Eagle tire is more widely used

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Street driving tires im going to have to say probably Toyo's or Advan's. Havent given it much thought.

As for the strip I figure some nice M/T's or Hoosiers would look nice out back on some 17" wheels as long as I can squeeze them in there. :D

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Street driving tires im going to have to say probably Toyo's or Advan's. Havent given it much thought.

As for the strip I figure some nice M/T's or Hoosiers would look nice out back on some 17" wheels as long as I can squeeze them in there. :D
I'll be fun watching you tuner guys running the 1/4 at 150+mph... :):shifting:

·
Registered
172 Posts

Advan Neova AD07's is one of the best on the market in the extreme summer tire class, but have a price to match their performance. They are worth the price though as they are one serious tire.:shifting:

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Advan Neova AD07's is one of the best on the market in the extreme summer tire class, but have a price to match their performance. They are worth the price though as they are one serious tire.:shifting:
How do they compare with the price of Cupps?

·
Registered
172 Posts
How do they compare with the price of Cupps?
Do you mean the Michelin Pilot Cups? If so, the cups are a R-Compound tire and not really considered a street tire. If your looking for something along those lines, I would look into the Nitto NT-01. One of our 911 customers had both and praised the NT-01 over the Cups, and I do believe they are cheaper.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Do you mean the Michelin Pilot Cups? If so, the cups are a R-Compound tire and not really considered a street tire. If your looking for something along those lines, I would look into the Nitto NT-01. One of our 911 customers had both and praised the NT-01 over the Cups, and I do believe they are cheaper.
I want something street legal, but just barely. I want a true performer, since this car will only see sunny warm days.:rofl:
I will have a seperate set of drag slicks for the strip, but I need something that'll handle the curves for autoX & my DD showouts.

P.S. don't get the wrong idea, I'm not rich, so I want the best overall value, but I always put performance over price..

·
Registered
172 Posts
I want something street legal, but just barely. I want a true performer, since this car will only see sunny warm days.:rofl:
I will have a seperate set of drag slicks for the strip, but I need something that'll handle the curves for autoX & my DD showouts.
Hmm. All the tires above are street legal and are perfect for autocross/ spirited driving. For autocross I guess the tire depends on what class your in and what tire restrictions they have. If rain isn't a problem then go straight for the NT-01, Pilot Cups, Toyo R888, Advan A048. Don't expect much life out of these tires also, they are competition tires. If you want some high performance tires for DD needs I would look into the NT-05, Bridgestone RE-01, Goodyear Eagle F1, Advan Neova AD07, Conti Sport Contacts, or Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs.

·
Registered
172 Posts

P.S. don't get the wrong idea, I'm not rich, so I want the best overall value, but I always put performance over price..
Not a problem, I'll keep that in mind. That'll actually help me eliminate some of the choices.:jester:

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not a problem, I'll keep that in mind. That'll actually help me eliminate some of the choices.:jester:
Thanks for your insight, after I wear out the 1st set, you'll be the 1st to know.:shifting:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.