Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
tsukuba red 2.0T track for me, unless r-spec is worth waiting for. first thing i'd do is the same thing i did to my last 5 vehicles, take off all of the damn badges and have the holes filled, if theres any chrome what so ever, gone (except headlights ofcourse) and i do like the idea of painting the headlight internals to match the car, then lower it and i'll be good to :shifting:

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah that's a good combo, I am liking the Volks more and more but I still think I'm gonna go with function over form and get some SSRs, they only weigh around 18-19 lbs. Also welcome to the forums, say hello in the Member Introduction section and tell us about yourself.
Yes indeed the SSR's are beauties...I am a wheel whore so more than likely will own more than one set :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am really leaning towards the White... however I love red as well. (see my charger... love that red) but at the same time I am almost positive i will go with white... I love a white car with black rims and polished aluminum lip... Also even when its a little dirty... looks clean...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I really hate black rims, so I definitely won't be getting those. But my car will be white with some dark tint, and either bronze, gunmetal, or silver rims.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i just saw a yellow 3.8 track at the dealership that looked surprisingly yummy. it might be cuz i was hungry, but it looked real nice. i'm probably gonna go with yellow xD

fits the "holy crapp look at me" look of los angeles anyhow

·
Registered
13 Posts
White. Black wheels with red lip (time attack style ftw). :p

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello everyone, for me it most definitely has to be 2.0T Track or R-Spec in either Nordshleife Gray, Karusell White or Bathurst Black :aargh:. Then probably get the dealer to swap out the deck lid for one without the spoiler, black nickel plated emblems & wheels, lowered stance, 20% window tint, get a lip spoiler for the trunk, that's all I can come up with right now.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
For race...white, its lightest paint scheme and make low temperature in engine room....color reflect sun

For street....gray or silver except owned too many silver cars..

Black is nice.....hard to maintain....too lazy to make clean all time.

Didn't I post earlier here?

·
Registered
458 Posts
For race...white, its lightest paint scheme and make low temperature in engine room....color reflect sun

For street....gray or silver except owned too many silver cars..

Black is nice.....hard to maintain....too lazy to make clean all time.

Didn't I post earlier here?

I thought yellow was the lightest paint.
My dad is an automotive painter and he has always said this.
White paint is usually thick and opaque. it covers most colors pretty good.
Yellow on the other hand doesn't cover anything. Any slight change in the base color will show through on yellow paint.

But in any case, your only saving a few grams at most. Theres no way that different color paint would net even a pound of weight savings, so its really irrelevant.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The yellow on the gen coupe is unique to say the least. In the sunlight different parts of the car will appear to have this shimmering rainbow type color to it when the car is really clean. Can't explain it. Definatly looks cool though. I've been keeping my yellow 3.8l track clean as a whistle ever since I bought it. Put on two layers of Megiuars Gold Class wax, and every other day I wipe it down with ultimate quik detailer.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts