Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

What Genesis engine will you be getting?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Genesis engine are you going to get?

Vote for which engine you are planning on getting.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
the V8 is only for sedan

I voted for the 3.8L...some boost will come later on...don't worry ! (devil)

Yup you are correct about the v8 only for the sedan. I think the poll was actually including both the Sedan and Coupe engines. If you picked the V8 you would directly also indicate you would be wanting the sedan. Ya i know not the best poll, maybe we should clarify.. Although on a side note, when talking with one of the Hyundai reps, I asked about a future v8 option for the coupe. He simply said, "You never know!" with a grin.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
70 Posts
the main problem for the V8 in the coupe is the engine bay size...at least it is what I heard. I didn't verify those "facts" yet.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
As I mentioned before, me & my bro are getting a Coupe each, one with the turbo 4 & the other with the 6cyl. 6cyl will stay relatively stock, except for cold air intake & exaust, the 4 on the other hand will be extremely modified before its over.:evilgrin:
Ya I'm going for a turbo 4 as well. I just hope the rumors about the weak tranny are not true cuz I want to get around 350HP out of it!!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Gollum, I'm with you, I was not planning on settling for less than 400Hp, although that much is not probably needed & may create additional traction problems. I just want a Hyundai that is difficult to touch by most other vehicles out there, you know childish bragging rights. I want to show people what Hyundai is capable of. But if what I hear about these trannies is true, they will not hold up to the torque that accompanies that kind of power & I'm not interested in spending the money on a upgraded transmission. As a matter of fact I won't, part of the reason I'm buying this vehicle is the quality & warranty. I know that my mods will void part of that warranty, but I also know that if a defective part is under warranty unless it can be proven that part failed from my mods Hyundai will normally replace it. I want to believe that the clutch is the weak link, but when they are talking about max torque with regards to the tranny, I don't think that includes the clutch. I think I'll pray now.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gollum, I'm with you, I was not planning on settling for less than 400Hp,
max torque with regards to the tranny, I don't think that includes the clutch. I think I'll pray now.
One thing I do with my cars I modify is wait for a part to need replacing and then replace that part with something aftermarket and performance oriented if possible. This keeps my spending at a manageable pace also. Easy examples of this are air filter/intake, exhaust, brakes, and in your example, the clutch. If you do happen to produce more horsepower than what the stock clutch can handle, then just baby the clutch for a while until it completely burns out. Then replace it with a real clutch and have fun with it! :shifting:

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Gollum, I'm with you, I was not planning on settling for less than 400Hp, although that much is not probably needed & may create additional traction problems. I just want a Hyundai that is difficult to touch by most other vehicles out there, you know childish bragging rights. I want to show people what Hyundai is capable of. But if what I hear about these trannies is true, they will not hold up to the torque that accompanies that kind of power & I'm not interested in spending the money on a upgraded transmission. As a matter of fact I won't, part of the reason I'm buying this vehicle is the quality & warranty. I know that my mods will void part of that warranty, but I also know that if a defective part is under warranty unless it can be proven that part failed from my mods Hyundai will normally replace it. I want to believe that the clutch is the weak link, but when they are talking about max torque with regards to the tranny, I don't think that includes the clutch. I think I'll pray now.
Ya I'm with you. I'm hoping that the clutch is the weak link. I'm hoping the trannies are like some of the Honda trannies that can take a little bit of abuse. If not I'm hoping that tranny upgrades will be cheap (not cheaply made just affordable). I'm glad to hear that Hyundai usually takes care of the customer too, that is encouraging.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
One thing I do with my cars I modify is wait for a part to need replacing and then replace that part with something aftermarket and performance oriented if possible. This keeps my spending at a manageable pace also. Easy examples of this are air filter/intake, exhaust, brakes, and in your example, the clutch. If you do happen to produce more horsepower than what the stock clutch can handle, then just baby the clutch for a while until it completely burns out. Then replace it with a real clutch and have fun with it! :shifting:
Normally I would be doing the same thing. In this case though first thing I'm gonna do is take it to the dyno and see what kind of real world power numbers this car will make. Then i'm gonna get my TIG welder out and fab up a new intake and exhaust and re-dyno! I get excited just thinking about it!! WOO HOO!!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
In the past, I normally would upgrade a part when it failed, but I'm considering going a little more extreme on this one. I've found when you make mods of that nature, you usually have to modify other areas to compensate, otherwise your car ends up on a roll back too often. I just hope the tranny is strong & Hyundai makes the computer remapping tuner friendly. My car mechanically will stay bone stock for the 1st 30k miles to allow good break-in & enjoy full warranty privaledges for a while. But I will probably go ahead & swap body panels for carbon fiber & have them painted. That will lighten her up making it a little faster, but I'm going to save up for the power train mods & do them all at once (dyno prior to and aft). It will be like getting a new car a couple of years after initial puchase once the fun factor has started to wear off, that is if I contain myself.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Torn between the turbo 4 and the V8. If its the world motor that has the same cyl head on it as the Caliber... turbo 4 is all me. But what if you put a pair of twins on the V8? Hmm decisions decisions.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the v8 pushes 375hp without forced induction, if you put some turbos on it it would just be scary fast.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts