Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah, snow performance will be the way im going. Their stage 2 kit will do the job for my (hopefully) 400hp Genesis Coupe. I was reading on their website and the price of their Boost Juice ($30) is WAYYYY cheaper than fillin up with race gas ($13.50/gal).

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those of you in the know on this, how often do you need to refill. It would seem like that would get annoying after a while. I am pretty much ignorant to how much spray is used though. Thanks for any explanations.
The time between refills depends on 3 things, namely the size of your tank, the size of your jet and your right foot. We did some testing on our 30-3000 proportional water/meth kit and found the following:

Using the smallest jet (160 cc/min) we got 118 minutes of "full on" flow with our 5 gallon system before the low fluid light turns on. Another ~2 minutes before it starts sucking air.
Using the smallest jet (160 cc/min) we got 24 minutes of "full flow" with our 1 gallon system before the low fluid light turns on. Another minute or so before it starts sucking air.

The 160cc/min jet is just about right for the 2.0T Genesis and it is included with our kit as well as the two larger ones.

When you think about it, 24 minutes of significant boost is a long time. 2 hours on boost is an eternity.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
The time between refills depends on 3 things, namely the size of your tank, the size of your jet and your right foot. We did some testing on our 30-3000 proportional water/meth kit and found the following:

Using the smallest jet (160 cc/min) we got 118 minutes of "full on" flow with our 5 gallon system before the low fluid light turns on. Another ~2 minutes before it starts sucking air.
Using the smallest jet (160 cc/min) we got 24 minutes of "full flow" with our 1 gallon system before the low fluid light turns on. Another minute or so before it starts sucking air.

The 160cc/min jet is just about right for the 2.0T Genesis and it is included with our kit as well as the two larger ones.

When you think about it, 24 minutes of significant boost is a long time. 2 hours on boost is an eternity.

Let me know if you have any questions.
JR thanks for the info! and welcome to the forums... I'm anxiously awaiting all the goodies you guys will produce for these cars... and from the sounds of it so are the tuner guys. ;)

:shifting:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I will never run a factory turbo car without a w/i system again... even running just water you will see so many benefits.

Living in arizona with our huge summer time temps and crappy atomospheric conditions w/i is the way to go.

Im friends with the guys from Devils Own... (Water injection : alcohol-methanol injection | DevilsOwn) but most kits are similar and I will promise you'll never regret it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
JR you hit the nail on the coffin! I mean meth isn't something to throw at all on a stock motor. it's truely meant for you to run more agressive tunes safer on a daily basis. I see meth for us 2.0T guys after intercooler, turbo, downpipe, exhaust modifications are done. I ran meth on our stock spped 3 at the shop and didn't really help with anything.

My honest opinion is really don't think about meth untill you pile up your list of parts and add-ons. you can't truely do a agressive tune on our cars to begin with it seems with internals so running it off the bat is not smart. for someone who is going overboard like myself (vmount intercooler setup, DP, single exhaust, GT35r turbo upgrade, internals, top mount exhaust manifold.) than meth is your best friend to keep your systems alittle bit in check. just like Cryo frozen parts also. it's just a safer bet for more heavily modified motors with aggressive tunes to keep the agressive setup in the clear. but this is my 2 cents

·
Registered
11 Posts
JR you hit the nail on the coffin! I mean meth isn't something to throw at all on a stock motor. it's truely meant for you to run more agressive tunes safer on a daily basis. I see meth for us 2.0T guys after intercooler, turbo, downpipe, exhaust modifications are done. I ran meth on our stock spped 3 at the shop and didn't really help with anything.

My honest opinion is really don't think about meth untill you pile up your list of parts and add-ons. you can't truely do a agressive tune on our cars to begin with it seems with internals so running it off the bat is not smart. for someone who is going overboard like myself (vmount intercooler setup, DP, single exhaust, GT35r turbo upgrade, internals, top mount exhaust manifold.) than meth is your best friend to keep your systems alittle bit in check. just like Cryo frozen parts also. it's just a safer bet for more heavily modified motors with aggressive tunes to keep the agressive setup in the clear. but this is my 2 cents
I would put water/meth on a 2.0T almost immediately if you are keeping the stock turbo and are going to raise the boost. The stock turbo falls out of it's peak efficiency pretty quickly if you run higher than stock boost so you start making lots of hot air even after the intercooler. To combat that you are going to have to retard the timing significantly (in addition to add fuel somehow). A water/meth kit will take care of those high temps allowing you to run more "normal" spark advance levels and make more power, not to mention remove the need for race gas.

I wouldn't put water/meth on a 3.8 unless you turbocharge it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would put water/meth on a 2.0T almost immediately if you are keeping the stock turbo and are going to raise the boost. The stock turbo falls out of it's peak efficiency pretty quickly if you run higher than stock boost so you start making lots of hot air even after the intercooler. To combat that you are going to have to retard the timing significantly (in addition to add fuel somehow). A water/meth kit will take care of those high temps allowing you to run more "normal" spark advance levels and make more power, not to mention remove the need for race gas.

I wouldn't put water/meth on a 3.8 unless you turbocharge it.
that's very true. I usually don't like putting more boost on stock turbos since I've worked a lot on the mazdaspeed 3 and they are known to have rediculous Peak boost issues from the factory jumping from the normal 16psi to 23 with no notice if a hard shift is caused.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i will be running a aem AEM - HD Water/Methanol Injection Kit with 5-Gallon Tank .. they do offer a 1 gallon setup..

meth setups do allot.. decrease intake temp charges, reduce egt, octane bump, the ability to run more timing.

from personal exepriance.. i have run a big meth jet on a non intercooled 3sgte with vp q16(race fuel) and the kit posted above. i ran vp m1meth. with the q16 and the m1 meth our octane rating were in the 130 range..

even without an intercooler we were seeing 120-130 intake temp charges while in spray.. very conservative timing still made 417whp... that was of the wasgate spring on break in boost..

figure u will go thu a one gallon meth tank in 2 full tanks of gas.

the only real drawback to runnig meth is if you are tuned for it and u run out and boost it you will be running more timing than your pumpgas will allow possibly causing detonation and motor faliure..

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
the only real drawback to runnig meth is if you are tuned for it and u run out and boost it you will be running more timing than your pumpgas will allow possibly causing detonation and motor faliure..
& that's the only thing holding me back from saying yes I'm gonna do this, although I still may. If I do, it wil be with the 5gal tank, so I don't have to refill so often.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think I've heard of people using the windshield wiper fluid container in cars that have a low washer fluid light so that it warns you when it gets low. Do these kits come with sensors that warn you when they're low?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought I would chime in with my meth experience. I do not have a meth kit in my other car but a custom dirrect port setup. I use to run two different tunes that I had to load depending on street or strip, It kinda sucked to run pump gas and then change the map when I ran race gas to be able to add more boost. I then switched to straight methanol which you can buy anywhere up here. I hear some of you talking about if you run out you can damage your motor which is true but there are ways to make sure that doesn't happen. I added a meth fuel light to let my know when its low and also a pressure switch like you find on nitrous systems which will drop the boost to safe levels if you run out. This methanol setup has been amazing. I can roll around with a light foot seeming like a stock car and have one tune that is 600whp as soon as you get on the gas. The tune is extremely important for example, the meth controler does makes it so the car runs on regular gas until I hit 17lbs boost then it progressively comes on as boost levels increase to 30lbs. I will post some pictures of the tank, serge tank, and direct setup so you get the idea. I have one pump at the tank that sends it to the front of the car to the serge tank, then into another pump which feeds it into a distribution block and then feeds the same amount directly into each cylinder.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just off of the top of my head:

It's not needed all the time and you have to "tune" for the methanol, especially for the more modifed engines running high boost. You also have to occiasionally fill up a tank and not everyone has methanol available to them. Some get get around this by using windshield wiper fluid as some brands can have as much as ~45% methanol. Another downside is if there is no failsafe when you run out of meth/water than you can seriously damage your engine..
Snow Performance: SafeInjection™

Snow Performance Safe Injection... Loss of flow of meth will cut boost down to WG pressure...
I ran 100% meth on my evo for a long time 31 psi on the street. Stock motor minus headstuds cam's springs and retainers. I was running a FP Green aka BR 20GLT. Car put down 430 AWHP / 403 TQ. I actually gained 50 or so HP on the meth, and 80 ft lbs of TQ. The downside to methanol injection is the fact that it does wash the cylinder walls. I know alot of people that have been running meth for years without any issues but over time it will wear the cyl walls. I know that snow came out with a new safe injection as it was not available for a while there. I will admit that I had a major failure with my kit one time which was the safe injection stopped working and my pump died on me. Blew the HG slightly even with ARP's. I just took it apart and put a new gasket on bought new studs called snow pretty pissed. They sent me a new pump but they did not have anymore Safe Injections so I was screwed. I think they must have fixed the SI problem now that they have a different model avail. I have not bought a G-Coupe yet as I am watching to see how this vehicle progresses. I have my eye on Buschur Racing as I have been buying their products for 12 years now. Hope all of that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
one thing about methanol with a turbo or a supercharger is the fact that it is actually more effective than an intercooler. meth thrives on heat, so running it without an intercooler is most effective, due to the fact that it atomizes better. another benefit to meth is the fact that it gives you an increased octane rating, so it is almost like running race gas, but alot cheaper. my shop makes a kit that has no pump, so it is alot less prone to failure. this is what i reccomend. i myself want to run a vortech kit with meth in my mustang, intecoolerless, therefore making more boost, and better cooling. you will pretty much need to refill meth every month, it costs about 12 dollars each time. do not use windshild fluid, and tune your car with the meth, not tune it then spray it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I run the stage 2 snow injection on my gen coupe, probably the first to try.let me clear up all this crap from the last few posts.Without a tune do not run meth water, your car will run rich and lose power.If you dont have the capacity to tune the afr just run water for the cooling and octane benefit.Meth is fuel after all.Once you are able to tune afr and timing , meth injection is the best.Dont let anyone fool you into running more boost to conpensate for the rich afr, it will work but the turbo is so small it wont work for long.
Off topic I blew away an evo x , two different pulls, really nice guy he could not believe how good my car ran.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts