Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
"I"

Will buy at invoice price or prefer to wait little longer.......should be couple grand different~

For some reason, only 2,000 cars sold in Korea so far....maybe bad economy, winter, holidays etc in Korea

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
i'll probably order mine since I'm picky, but not the orignal spring release. Wait for the lightweight version hopefully wth direct injection.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
"I"

Will buy at invoice price or prefer to wait little longer.......should be couple grand different~

For some reason, only 2,000 cars sold in Korea so far....maybe bad economy, winter, holidays etc in Korea
I thought only 2,000 cars total were going to be released in Korea for this year? As for me I'm gonna start making the calls in January and see what happens. I wouldn't mind the R-Spec but I don't know if I can hold out that long.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will sometime in January. And im dropping it off at my friends shop the very next day after I get it for some goodies :)

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I can't wait to see all your guys Genesis coupes, I wont be getting one unless hyundai wants to give me one.Ha Ha! I still have 2 1/2 years of payments on my BMW.
Ah just get rid of the BMW, they're over rated anyhow. ;)

I will sometime in January. And im dropping it off at my friends shop the very next day after I get it for some goodies :)
Goodies ehh? You'll have to let us know what you have in mind.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I thought only 2,000 cars total were going to be released in Korea for this year? As for me I'm gonna start making the calls in January and see what happens. I wouldn't mind the R-Spec but I don't know if I can hold out that long.
I don't know for USA, but there is no reason to limit numbers in Korea.

Porsche, Nissan GTR etc company tries bring up their value for limiting numbers of car each year, but Hyundai is not at this stage.

If they do limit in Korea, you can't imagine how many people will complaint and bring big issue out of it.

Keep us post for release date......its what everybody wants to know~

·
Registered
27 Posts
Goodies ehh? You'll have to let us know what you have in mind.
I have a friend with a custom fabrication shop and my car will be a guinea pig for a week. :D
You will see a few bolt on parts being made for the GenCoupe coming from him and his brother in law ;)

As of now they make mainly make EVO 8,9,10, SRT4, Mazda and Mini bolt on parts.

But can make anything like intercooler kits, downpipes, exhaust, turbo manifolds, anything!

This is something simple they made for the new turbo Mini

Stock I/C pipes:

New I/C pipes:

Cat-back

Mazdaspeed 3 I/C set up

350Z Exhaust ;)

I wish I had pics of the EVO parts. Ill get some next time im at the shop. But definately look for some parts after they get ahold of my car for fitment and testing :shifting:

My goal is to have the first 11 sec GenCoupe in FL and first one in the 12's on stock turbo ;)

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I can't wait to see all your guys Genesis coupes, I wont be getting one unless hyundai wants to give me one.Ha Ha! I still have 2 1/2 years of payments on my BMW.
Same here Lord Calvert, a little over 2yrs left to pay & considering all the money I've dumped in it in repairs, can't see getting rid of it. Besides, how many other full size sedans handle like a Miata? You're also right about the looks. I think the e39 is one of the sexiest & artful cars ever designed & is the main reason I purchased it. Plus, just ordered $2100.00 worth of cosmetics on top of the $600.00 I spent last month. No, not getting rid of it, just gonna own both. But, I don't think I'm ever going to get around to restoring my 65' Mustang, so I might just sell it.:yikes:

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I have a friend with a custom fabrication shop and my car will be a guinea pig for a week. :D
You will see a few bolt on parts being made for the GenCoupe coming from him and his brother in law ;)

As of now they make mainly make EVO 8,9,10, SRT4, Mazda and Mini bolt on parts.

But can make anything like intercooler kits, downpipes, exhaust, turbo manifolds, anything!

This is something simple they made for the new turbo Mini

Stock I/C pipes:

New I/C pipes:

Cat-back

Mazdaspeed 3 I/C set up

350Z Exhaust ;)

I wish I had pics of the EVO parts. Ill get some next time im at the shop. But definately look for some parts after they get ahold of my car for fitment and testing :shifting:

My goal is to have the first 11 sec GenCoupe in FL and first one in the 12's on stock turbo ;)
Those are some nice parts your friend makes, keep us posted on the parts for the BK. Also sent you a PM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to bring back a semi-old topic but I tried to pre-order a Gen Coupe and the Hyundai Rep said that he couldn't do that because he didn't have pricing info or anything. So I told him to start a list lol So Ill be the first one on the Eastern Shore of Maryland to get a black on black 2.0T lol And Ill probably pay invoice for it and give the salesman a good commission out of pocket because I know out of every 3000$ extra they charge me, he's only gonna get 500$ of that lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Keep me posted as well tmwtmp100 I'm going to swing by Pohanka here in fredericksburg and see what the deal is. Although i prefer to wait for the R-spec version maybe i can find out some more information from them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah let me know cause I talked to a dealer in Salisbury and he said he wont have any info until May-June. Are you going to the Washingtion Auto Show cause ill be there! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well good luck bud, I've had a few friends who have done multiple tours over there. We'll be here gettin sideways while we wait for ya :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
As a first time car buyer (My first I'm gonna own), I would have to say that I will wait till it comes out so I can test drive it. That being said, Im almost 99% sure that im gonna get it, and thus far no other car that I have researched on the internet comes close to it (For the money anyways). So I'm quite excited for it to come out. Personally tho, I don't understand how people can pre-order something that is brand new and hasn't been tested yet. I can understand subsequent years of product use and revisions, but not a brand new untested one. But then again, maybe these people pre-ordering (or who will pre-order) know something I don't. ;)

In any case I will definitely be one of the first to test drive it. And I truly hope it is the car we all hope it to be. An alternative to all those overpriced luxury cars we all want to buy, but don't want to pay for cuz we know they aren't worth it anymore.

Anyways, we will see in a few months here in Ontario (Hopefully) barring any delays.

Andrew

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.