Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are working with a wheel company to try and get some really aggressive wheels on our car.

You guys think front 19x9 +20 and rear 19x10 +20 be too wide? We could roll the fender lips if need be.

I'm really after a deep concave look.

Justin

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's a good combo and they will fit without any modifications
You didn't know Genesis coupe has a factory rolled fenders?

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
GrimmSpeed welcome to the site. If you would take the time to introduce yourself in the new member intro section.

I know the wheels are not too wide, but I'm not sure of the offsets. Most of the wheels I've seen used thus far have been +30 & +35 offsets thus far. The fenders are already rolled some from the factory & we've seen 10.5s on the rear fit. I'm also looking to have a very aggressive concave look, so will be paying attention to what you guys come up with.

Anyone out there had a chance to see what the max offset will be on rims yet? If so, please let us know so we can see if +20 offsets will work...

check this out:

http://genesisforums.org/hyundai-ge...ns/6381-seoulful-racing-genesis-coupe-us.html

Look at post #4 that gives the size & offsets...They should work....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
96 Posts
We are working with a wheel company to try and get some really aggressive wheels on our car.

You guys think front 19x9 +20 and rear 19x10 +20 be too wide? We could roll the fender lips if need be.

I'm really after a deep concave look.

Justin
dont know how u like you car to look but i got 19x9.5 +22 in the rear and the lip of the rim misses the fender by 1mm and yes the fenders are rolled thank u hyun.. but with my 265 30 the tire is really close to the fender lip with the correct camber

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just side note with Neotech suspension we are running and others in Korea could run with 295 in the rear with no problem.
Ours are 275s btw

·
Registered
96 Posts
well im going to buy 2 more rear rims and put some hoosier slicks on them for when its racing time the hooser are 265 40 or 35 dont remember

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
295's are some serious meat. I run those on my 72 BUICK. HUGE.
I was thinking of running 295s on the rear myself with 255s on the front. Do you thing they will be too big? If so, should I go with 275s?

well im going to buy 2 more rear rims and put some hoosier slicks on them for when its racing time the hooser are 265 40 or 35 dont remember
I'm also going to have an extra set of rear wheels w/slicks to switch out at the strip. Let me know what will work best.

Also, isn't it a good idea to try & get a little more profile out of slicks so the rubber can contort once getting traction to improve grip? I was just asking because I thought that 35s or 40s might be a little low. I was thinking of shooting for 45s or 50s. :dunno:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
96 Posts
depends on exact what type of racing that the slicks side wall will come to play, for you guys that are new becareful what you write on forums big brother is watching i have seen people get arrested for what they write once they get the proof they need, so yes for a drap strip a tire that can wrinkle and create a better foot print and weight distribution would be best if you are going to say make a topend run on a "race track" then no u really dont want that side wall i will have a set of centerline 15" or 16" for the strip 19" for the track days where i can open her up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a good combo and they will fit without any modifications
You didn't know Genesis coupe has a factory rolled fenders?
ok awesome! actually i must have been under a rock cause this is the first i've heard of the factory rolled fenders. i'll have to check it out tomorrow when i'm back in the shop.

GrimmSpeed welcome to the site. If you would take the time to introduce yourself in the new member intro section.

I know the wheels are not too wide, but I'm not sure of the offsets. Most of the wheels I've seen used thus far have been +30 & +35 offsets thus far. The fenders are already rolled some from the factory & we've seen 10.5s on the rear fit. I'm also looking to have a very aggressive concave look, so will be paying attention to what you guys come up with.
Anyone out there had a chance to see what the max offset will be on rims yet? If so, please let us know so we can see if +20 offsets will work...
check this out:

http://genesisforums.org/hyundai-ge...ns/6381-seoulful-racing-genesis-coupe-us.html

Look at post #4 that gives the size & offsets...They should work....
thanks Tufast! Yeah i need to get over and post up on the welcome newbie thread. So the fenders are mildly rolled?...meaning there is room for more rolling?

so it sounds like you can fit 10.5 +35 or 9.5 +22 in the rear, but thats about the max one can go.

dont know how u like you car to look but i got 19x9.5 +22 in the rear and the lip of the rim misses the fender by 1mm and yes the fenders are rolled thank u hyun.. but with my 265 30 the tire is really close to the fender lip with the correct camber
hmm, that is a bit to close for my taste. i'd like at least a good 4-8mm of room between the wheel and fender lip. maybe we can throw camber bolts in the rear to pull it back in?

Just side note with Neotech suspension we are running and others in Korea could run with 295 in the rear with no problem.
Ours are 275s btw
wow, 295s really??! that is definitely big. assuming you are running some hardcore neg. camber in the rear?

·
Registered
28 Posts
No cambers in a rear.. since Genesis coupe has trailing arm suspension set up your rear wheels will be automatically cambers once they are lowered. We are using NEOTECH suspension and for the front we are running on 3 degree cambers with camber plates with Neotech LE type.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
depends on exact what type of racing that the slicks side wall will come to play, for you guys that are new becareful what you write on forums big brother is watching i have seen people get arrested for what they write once they get the proof they need, so yes for a drap strip a tire that can wrinkle and create a better foot print and weight distribution would be best if you are going to say make a topend run on a "race track" then no u really dont want that side wall i will have a set of centerline 15" or 16" for the strip 19" for the track days where i can open her up.
Yeah, I know what you mean, bigbro is always watching. I figure on having a set of 18"x9"-front & 18"x10" or 10.5"-rear. for Time Attacks & AutoX. I'm not sure what tire I want to run yet, maybe Toyo proxies after talking to Rhys. I do have an idea of size (255/45-front & 275/40 or 295/35-rear). I'll be keeping my stock wheels & tires for back up (DD driving). Then I wanted to pick up a pair of rear wheels & slicks just for drag strip use, but I've never purchased a set of slicks & wanted an idea of what wheel/tire combo I should be looking for. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
96 Posts
tufast to correctly determine the wheel combo you need to take inconsideration how will you have you suspension set up, or you can start with a particular wheel tire set up and then set ur suspension. ok i can help you with tire selection but what size rim are you going to be using then from there i can hit you up.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
tufast to correctly determine the wheel combo you need to take inconsideration how will you have you suspension set up, or you can start with a particular wheel tire set up and then set ur suspension. ok i can help you with tire selection but what size rim are you going to be using then from there i can hit you up.
I figure on having a set of 18"x9"-front & 18"x10"-rear w/a 22mm offset
(I'd like 10.5", but the next size available is 11" & is too wide)
18" Forgestar F14 weight ranges:
18x8.5" - 16.9 to 18.92 lbs.
18x9" - 18.7 to 20.9 lbs.
18x9.5" - 19.1 to 21.3 lbs.
18x10" - 18.6 to 20.9 lbs.
18x11" - 19.5 to 22.3 lbs.
18x12" - 20.0 to 23.0 lbs.

Suspension will consist of a set of coil overs (either Stance GR+ or SMAs), which will be professionally dialed in.
In addition I wil be using camber bolts/camber plates as needed & all the bushings will be replaced with stiffer ones.
This will also be my 1st set of coil overs & I'd like to see about 1"-1.5" drop.
This car is an all around huge learning curve for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
so are you going to have slicks on those wheels or another. are u asking for help with the slicks or street tire use? also if for the street how much do you car about wear.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
so are you going to have slicks on those wheels or another. are u asking for help with the slicks or street tire use? also if for the street how much do you car about wear.
I always welcome advise on anything, as I can accept it or not, but it always gives me the advantage of additional info I did not have before.

I plan on running those F14s (18"x9"-front & 18"x10"-rear w/a 22mm offset) on AutoX & Time Attacks (road courses). The tires will be 255/40 18s (front) & 275/40 18s (rear).

I will have a completely different set of rear wheels (16"x10"s) for the drap strip running Hoosier slicks probably (not sure of tire size yet). I'm thinking of these wheels for drag racing or maybe a pair of Weld wheels.
Hickock Sprint Forged (18x9.5) 17.0 lbs
Hickock Sprint Forged (18x11) 18.0 lbs

·
Registered
34 Posts
I figure on having a set of 18"x9"-front & 18"x10"-rear w/a 22mm offset
(I'd like 10.5", but the next size available is 11" & is too wide)
18" Forgestar F14 weight ranges:
18x8.5" - 16.9 to 18.92 lbs.
18x9" - 18.7 to 20.9 lbs.
18x9.5" - 19.1 to 21.3 lbs.
18x10" - 18.6 to 20.9 lbs.
18x11" - 19.5 to 22.3 lbs.
18x12" - 20.0 to 23.0 lbs.

Suspension will consist of a set of coil overs (either Stance GR+ or SMAs), which will be professionally dialed in.
In addition I wil be using camber bolts/camber plates as needed & all the bushings will be replaced with stiffer ones.
This will also be my 1st set of coil overs & I'd like to see about 1"-1.5" drop.
This car is an all around huge learning curve for me.
I have ordered these in 19x9 and 19x10 this week..:)

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Update: I want to squeeze 18x9.5 (front) & 18x11 (rear),... offset still to be determined...

Does anyone know if these will fit or will have ill handling consequences?
I've been advised to stick wth 9" & 10" widths for the GenCoupe

I have ordered these in 19x9 and 19x10 this week..:)
same exact wheels for me, but in 18"s

What offsets did you go with?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts